Wintertime work on da motorpsyco,Happy New Year To All!

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gentsvmax

Supporting Member
Reaction score
My resurrection continues with the Double D mod, clutch slave rebuild and steering head bearing/ race replacement. Here's some pics. I put two bolt plates in for back-up in front of the two spring plates as part of the clutch mod. Sorry for the blurry shots, I hoped to show the burned side against the sanded side. The bearing race removal part of the steering bearing job was a bitch!
If I ever have to remove those races again I will weld a piece of stock across the race and pull it with a slide hammer. I used a carbide burr bit to grind a grove in the lower race and hit it with my air chisel which shattered it like shrapnel (not smart) but it finally budged. The top race had just enough lip to grab with a pry bar to knock out from the bottom. More pics to come as I re-assemble per Lvlheads Vmax post, "Cure the shakes".

Last edited:
My resurrection continues with the Double D mod, clutch slave rebuild and steering head bearing/ race replacement. Here's some pics. I put two bolt plates in for back-up in front of the two spring plates as part of the clutch mod. Sorry for the blurry shots, I hoped to show the burned side against the sanded side. The bearing race removal part of the steering bearing job was a bitch!
If I ever have to remove those races again I will weld a piece of stock across the race and pull it with a slide hammer. I used a carbide burr bit to grind a grove in the lower race and hit it with my air chisel which shattered it like shrapnel (not smart) but it finally budged. The top race had just enough lip to grab with a pry bar to knock out from the bottom. More pics to come as I re-assemble per Lvlheads Vmax post, "Cure the shakes".

i wish i had known you were going to do your head races. I have a tool that i wanted to have someone else try to see if ti worked as easy for them.

some info here:

http://www.vmaxforum.net/showthread.php?t=17716

Back