Would you ride this harley? I would

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I rode one last year....wasn't really impressed. Handling was wobbly when pushed in corners and bumps greatly upset it. Power was "ehh" at best. For a Vmax rider it will fall well short of exciting. On the highway you still had to kick it down a gear to get any semblance of passing power. It drove kind of like a diesel car.....mash the gas and nothing, nothing, nothing, nothing, instant of power, and time to shift.

And yes, they get hot as hell in traffic. I'm talking small sun hot. Vmax is nothing compared to the heat this thing puts out. When this happens, it runs like crap and tends to stall out when you go to take off.

If you want a "hot" Harley, get the vrod. Rode one of those also and it's infinitely better. The XR feels, runs, and drives like a "traditional" Harley (read: poorly). The Vrod feels, runs, drives, and looks like something made in this century. The riding position is really it's main flaw though I'm sure that could be modded into compliance. In fact I quite liked the Rod I drove. Thought it was a peppy, fun bike.

You bet they can be modded into compliance. All the rod needs is standerd foot pegs,for a much better body position.Harley has them as an option on there new models.Came from the old StreetRod.You remember,the one that flopped.:rofl_200:

Attachments

• WAY BETTER!!.jpg
    WAY BETTER!!.jpg
    51.1 KB · Views: 20
I'm a charter member of the "ride whatever you want" club.............

That being said, and speaking for myself personally; I am not really that impressed with either one of them. If someone bought one for me; I'd sell it, and buy a bike I'd rather have. Or I'd do some mods on my VMaxs & bank what was left over.

Jester 42

Attachments

• Steering stabilizer mounted on 07 VMax.jpg
    Steering stabilizer mounted on 07 VMax.jpg
    332.8 KB · Views: 13
The old XR cafe racer models were much bettah than the flat tracker models...handling and power were impresive at the time...:worthy:

Although...not much has really changed in the Motor Company over these many years...:confused2:

I'm a charter member of the "ride whatever you want" club.............

That being said, and speaking for myself personally; I am not really that impressed with either one of them. If someone bought one for me; I'd sell it, and buy a bike I'd rather have. Or I'd do some mods on my VMaxs & bank what was left over.

Jester 42

Would there be anything left over to bank? .... No I didn't think so either

Latest posts

Back