Yep. It's true love.

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kronx

Reaction score
Had an interesting time last weekend.

My girlfriend signed up for a one on one motorcycle training and had her lesson Saturday. I tagged along and watched from a distance. Amazing that just a few months ago she was scared to death of motorcycles and here she was swinging her leg over one. The lesson had its highs and lows. The lows: She has balance issues and we got to figure those out. The highs: The girl is tenacious. She dropped the bike a few times right on her leg. She got right back up and right back on the bike. Her leg today is one big bruise but she's even more determined than ever to learn to ride. Another high is for a someone who has driven automatics all her life - she worked the the throttle and clutch like she's been driving standard all her life. Never once stalled or over revved... really shocked me. I expected that to be more of a challenge for her. That was half of Saturday.

The second half of the day was riding out to Illinois with my friend to get him a motorcycle. Ever since I got my V-Max I've been been trying to convince my good friend to get him a motorcycle. He's been looking and looking and looking to see which bike really connects to him. The winter deals started rolling in and one came up last Saturday. A Honda VTX1300. We drove an hour to check i tout. He bought the bike but he hasn't been on a motorcycle in over 20 years. So he was nervous to ride it home. Me being the good friend I offered to ride it home for him. :D

It was my first time on a cruiser. First time riding a bike with forward controls and a windshield. I must say it rode like a Cadillac compared to my V-Max. Really smooth ride. The wind shield and fairing made a HUGE difference in terms of dealing with the wind. I rode it for nearly two hours. He had a custom seat on it and I could have rode it all day with little discomfort. I really appreciated the experience.

But I was DYING to get back on my V-Max -- butt cramping seat and all -- I missed her badly. I MISSED feeling the wind slap me in the chest. And most of all I've realized the growl of that V4 is like a siren song to me -- I have to hear it. Even if I just cruise on the V-Max and take it easy on the throttle... just KNOWING it's there should I want it makes all the difference to me.

So I finally got to try a cruiser and what I learned most was my true love for the V-Max.

Hehe, I bought a softail on a lark. One of the first evos. That was Thursday. On Friday some of the guys (who own harleys) at work invited me to go for a ride with them. By the end of the ride two of them had run off the road trying to keep up with me. The tc dyna i can kinda understand, but the vrod?

I sold it on Monday. I haven't been invited to ride with them again.

But I was DYING to get back on my V-Max -- butt cramping seat and all -- I missed her badly. I MISSED feeling the wind slap me in the chest. And most of all I've realized the growl of that V4 is like a siren song to me -- I have to hear it. Even if I just cruise on the V-Max and take it easy on the throttle... just KNOWING it's there should I want it makes all the difference to me.

So I finally got to try a cruiser and what I learned most was my true love for the V-Max.

LOL...there are some people that say that a motorcycle isnt supposed to be too comfortable...My longest ride on the Vmax was right at 400 miles straight thru (maxgasser seat though). I could tell that I had done 400 miles...but would do it all over again...in a heartbeat.

Yea 400 miles makes me a little sore just thinking about it, but I'd still do it. I remember seeing a biker build off thingy or something with Jesse James and he said something similar about it's not a ride unless you're a little uncomfortable. I didn't get it then, but I do now.

In 2011 I rode a little over 600 miles in one day, mostly slab (traffic near Toronto sucked) but the last 300 miles were on two lane highway so it wasn't too bad other than almost running out of gas! I have a Morley seat which Sean fine tuned to make the perfect seat for me.
I had just spent the week in Somerset PA with a bunch of crazy Vmaxers and was making my way home through Canada after riding 200 miles with 3 others from the event. The worst part was around Barrie where I actually had to stop because I was getting sleepy! A couple large coffees and something to eat gave me enough energy to carry on for the remainder of the trip. Redbone ran like a cross country tourer since I had OD 5th gear at the time so 60 to 70 mph was effortless riding.
The Vmax is many things to me but it is first and foremost it's a thrill, a rush, a proverbial shot of adrenaline when I ride it. That is what I enjoy most from Redbone. Being able to ride 600 miles is not kind to the body sitting in mostly one position for more than 10 hours; knowing that you did it on a Vmax is saying something!

Yea one of Sean's seats is at the top of my list right now. Hopefully after getting my kids and girlfriend their gifts I'll have something left over to for a Morley seat for me.

Went to Outer Banks and back in 7 days on my first Max (with a Corbin seat). (3500 miles). Had to average 500 miles a day but the last day was over 700 in scattered rain showers as got behind schedule as usual. That was the trip where we did the Deals Gap and Blue Ridge Trail rides. Rode down the Outer Banks north to south and took the two ferry rides. There is some beautiful riding in eastern Tennessee and the Carolinas on the back roads. Never saw so many bridges/rivers...

Back