Stock needle shims?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vmaxrooky

Reaction score
This is not a stock needle pretend it is ok. The plastic piece goes first into the slide then does the shim go in after that or put the needle in second then the shim on top of the stock needle?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    26.7 KB · Views: 74
+1 ^
The picture is correct. The spring seats on that washer, so it has to go on 'top' or the circlip.
Unless you want to shim up the needle. That's a different story.

From the pointy end of the needle....plastic spacer, shim, 'E' clip, washer, spring, large white plastic screw

Rotate the needle until the little tit on the bottom of the plastic spacer fits in the hole in the slide before tightening the plastic screw.

ok next question.. where can I get shims at and what order does that go in I'm assuming between the plastic and the e-clip?

what order does that go in I'm assuming between the plastic and the e-clip?
the shims go in as dannymax says--
From the pointy end of the needle....plastic spacer, shim, 'E' clip, washer, spring, large white plastic screw

where can I get shims at
i haven't gotten any personally, but the guys say you could get them at Radio Shack.

just an fyi, the"shim" that he speaks of, isn't stock just like maleko89 eludes to
Plastic piece, clip, then washer.

this is the "be careful of the donut nub" i was PMing you about
dannymax said:
Rotate the needle until the little tit on the bottom of the plastic spacer fits in the hole in the slide before tightening the plastic screw.

checked out peoples set-ups looks like most people with my pipes run stock paj's 147.5 thru 150 main jet and stock needle shimmed at .28-.32 so that's what I'm aiming for..

You can get the "shims" at radio shack, just ask for the bag of assorted small washers. Someone mentioned that they no longer carry them, but I'm not sure if its true or not. If you get them from them, make sure to mic them up as they are all different thicknesses. De-burr them with a fine file or honing stone, and you should be golden.
I think these are the ones: http://www.radioshack.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2103391

I don't know how to do links, but if you type this address in I think you'll find what your looking for. home.comcast.net/~onlyone12/carbs1.htm.

Back