How Much $ For The New 2009 Vmax?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Any price, any time, I'm buying!

My thought is that they will release it as a 25 year anniversary bike. That would make it an 09 for the '85, assuming they count '85 as zero and not 1.

?

Get ready for the insurance jump; I traded my 07 V-MAX for a 08 B-King approx. two months ago. Age 40 no tickets, or accidents, married; insurance DOUBLED!

Get ready for the insurance jump; I traded my 07 V-MAX for a 08 B-King approx. two months ago. Age 40 no tickets, or accidents, married; insurance DOUBLED!

Yep, that's about what my researched showed the insurance cost would be on the B-King. New Max should be similar.

CMore, how about starting a thread on the B-King and how you're getting along with it?

Well if my early retirement fund finally pays off :biglaugh: I will be getting one ASAP, other than that I will have wait for a good deal to come my way in the future. Too many other financial obligations and projects before I could pick up one.
I'm hoping that some middle aged guy picks one up and it scares the shit out of him so he sells it to me CHEAP! Hey, I can dream can't i? :rofl_200:

Who do you have your insurance through? I go through State Farm and the only thing they care about is CC size. I was qouted $2 more a month for a 2008 Hayabusa over my 2003 V-Max ($27. a month instead of $25. full coverage). Never hurts to shop around. I am sure that a 1800cc motorcycle will ding me a little more than $2. though, and it will be a gas hog, and probably require premium...

I think that $24,000. is a little high. That's using the price that another market will pay, I'm thinking $18,000 or so. Hell people plunk down close to $30k for the Screamin' Eagle HDs.

Current MCN says in the vicinity of $24,000 US Dollars. Hey, HI-TECH costs money!!!

Remember though that MCN is stating this in UK pounds (?12K). A the pounds to dollars conversion puts it at the $24K price but bikes in the UK go for a lot more than in the US due to the cost of doing business there. If you look at the price of an FJR1300-AE in the UK it lists for ?11.9K which converts to about $23+K given the current exchange rate. However same FJR lists for $15.6K in the US.

Hopefully this isn't just wishful thinking on my part.

Who do you have your insurance through? I go through State Farm and the only thing they care about is CC size. I was qouted $2 more a month for a 2008 Hayabusa over my 2003 V-Max ($27. a month instead of $25. full coverage). Never hurts to shop around. I am sure that a 1800cc motorcycle will ding me a little more than $2. though, and it will be a gas hog, and probably require premium...

I think that $24,000. is a little high. That's using the price that another market will pay, I'm thinking $18,000 or so. Hell people plunk down close to $30k for the Screamin' Eagle HDs.

a friend of mine who is a custom bike builder/rider 44 no tickets ever or claims. he decided he wanted a zx14. he has american family and they were outragous, i forget how much.

he called state farm and they quoted him around 300.00 a year based on CC's, so he was going to switch insurance

he called back with the VIN number and the computer showed "SUPERBIKE" the quote just went to 2300.00 a year.

I pay 200.00 for my max im 34 I had him call my guy at farmers. they were just over 2000.00, every one was.

have another friend, thats it only two of them. lol he has a zx14 and pays less than his goldwing through state farm around 200 a year.

new max 17,995

LOL 17995..
Looks a great bike on the site.
It is expensive but I still want one.
I hope the dealer here can get one in.

In the UK its going to cost about $32000, to much for me, off to buy ZZR1400, far better value for the money.
Regards Keith

I want to know how in Sept of 07, Sean Morley knew the price of the 2nd Gen VMax!!! :ummm::damn angry::clapping: Check out everyone's price guess on the first post.

$18,000 and they are making only 2500 of them.

Let's correct that statement...that's 2500 for distribution in the US, not world wide....and is supposed to be the cap off on the first 2009 production run. If demand warrants it, they will surely add more "runs" to the schedule. However, I think that with the economy being what it is and knowing that imported bikes are seldom purchased by those with unlimited funds....selling all 2500 in 2009 will be asking a lot, especially if most dealers try to hold out for MSRP along with tacking on their extra fees to pad the bill. Only time will tell if my view is right (?)

Let's correct that statement...that's 2500 for distribution in the US, not world wide....and is supposed to be the cap off on the first 2009 production run. If demand warrants it, they will surely add more "runs" to the schedule. However, I think that with the economy being what it is and knowing that imported bikes are seldom purchased by those with unlimited funds....selling all 2500 in 2009 will be asking a lot, especially if most dealers try to hold out for MSRP along with tacking on their extra fees to pad the bill. Only time will tell if my view is right (?)

As I understood it coming from Bill Warner 2500 was worldwide but lets get real here if anyone is dumb enough to fall for this marketing ploy that is so old its not funny I dont know what to tell you.

Yamaha will sell as many as they can this year, 2500 is to get everyone panicing and plunking down $1000.00 if they can afford it or not[thats why the non tranferable,non refundible stuff] if you cant afford it when delivery time comes bye bye money!

If they get 10.000 orders their making 10.000 bikes dont be fooled you think they would have a show bike touring the country for 2500 units.

As I understood it coming from Bill Warner 2500 was worldwide but lets get real here if anyone is dumb enough to fall for this marketing ploy that is so old its not funny I dont know what to tell you.

Yamaha will sell as many as they can this year, 2500 is to get everyone panicing and plunking down $1000.00 if they can afford it or not[thats why the non tranferable,non refundible stuff] if you cant afford it when delivery time comes bye bye money!

If they get 10.000 orders their making 10.000 bikes dont be fooled you think they would have a show bike touring the country for 2500 units.

As I understand it, Europe will be getting just under 2000 bikes and the US 2500.....of course, if Yamaha manages to receive deposits for over the limited US run of 2500, the only difference in the next run is they won't come with the "Limited Edition Frame Badge" !! Yammi has already received deposits on 900-1000 Max's probably from the "wealthy must have's", however, unless the bike receives some spectacular magazine coverage, the next 1000 sales will be slow to come by. I was an inch away from ordering one and can afford the $6,000 too high pricing, but the more I look at it, the less I like it. Too many things would have to be altered and changed just to make it visibly acceptable. On another website there are side by side views of a 2007 Max and the new one. The last generation looks clean and uniform....the new is a hodge podge of mis-matched parts and colors......UGH !!

Back