Question for the LED guru's

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes, LED's won't work backwards. I followed the links and soldered as per instructions. I did have to experiment a little when it came to the dual element part. The wiring colors that the guy in the link used were not the same so I just plugged in wires between the pos, blink, and marker wires till I found the solution. Just follow along the path I used above or use the ones vmax2extreme used for dual element.

FINALturn-02-colorsb.jpg

Dual Element Circuit for LED's

I understand the top half of this diagram but for the life of me I can't figure out why you need the green wire, the diode directly attached to the green wire, or the jumper attached to that diode. Can anyone enlighten me?? I would *think* it would work just fine without that bit of wiring. Basically just a resistor on the running light side to dim it a bit and then diodes to prevent back feed from running to turn and vice versa. Anyone??

If it works, it works, I'd just like to know WHY it wouldn't work without that part or what that part does to make it work.

Both A and B go to the pos side of each blinker.
G and H go together for the marker lights.
C and D go to the factory blinker wires.

Does anyone know where to get larger size single LEDs? Is the 09 tail light LEDs? Something that would fit in that hole size would be ideal.

Back