New confederate Hellcat

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Methinks a bumstop is a needed fitment on this to keep you from ending-up on the rear wheel 'splash guard.'

I would like to hear more detail & less vague, non-specific hyperbole. How about some guaranteed power/performance figures? Only thing I found was the torque @145 ft./lb.

I understand the desire to tout the product he created, but his delivery is a real sleeper, must be a Louisana thing, 'speak softly & carry a big stick,' (thanks to Teddy R.).

As for his claim the rear motor mount could haul a "1,000-car train," to my research there has never been a 1000 car train. I emailed my brother who is a retired railroad engineer who worked for Penn Central, Amtrack, & Conrail to see what he has to contribute.

Yes, a well-designed bike, built with premium materials but I wasn't able to see where it has a counterbalancer, which should make it shake like crazy at higher revs, to my thinking.

And I want a final drive guard for my $! The P120 Fighter is $72K. What is this $? I am guessing $85K+ before options.

I give credit for making a unique design and I would check one out when I ran across one, but not for my ownership. It would cost me 2X as much since I would have to buy my wife a new luxury car at the same time!

Guys will buy those because most people cannot afford the price of entry. A 308 Ferrari (Magnum P.I.) would get spanked by the Datsun/Nissan 280 ZX Turbo sports car, but you had to have $ to buy the Ferrari. Snob-appeal.

There was a guy who claimed he wired these bikes for them in a shop about 20 miles from me, Confederate Motorcycle Co. If i am on the same page here......

The bike I like is Australian "Lucky" Keizer's supercharged 5 liter v-twin made from two end cylinders of a Rolls-Royce Merlin plane engine. I saw that at Daytona years ago, at the Rat's Hole cycle show, he built it himself, and last I saw, he had it up for sale or had sold it.
http://thekneeslider.com/archives/2006/05/20/5000cc-v-twin-motorcycle-engine-for-sale/

Oh, and it weighed about 500 lbs., far less than a VMax. What kind of torque do you think that thing produced? "It could pull a 1001-car train!", better than the Confederate, by one.:rofl_200:

a fiercely American machine that proves the utter effectiveness and absolute sufficiency of the inclusionary American cultural way

What? The? Fuck? That sounds like the HD pamphlet writer hit up some LSD.

POWER
TORQUE; > 145 FOOT POUNDS; HORSEPOWER: SUFFICIENT

WeeWooWeeWoo....the bullshit alarm is going off! What is "sufficient" power? I suspect if it was really sufficient, they wouldn't be hiding the actual figure. Minivans and pickup trucks have "sufficient" power, they can go highway speeds and make it to that speed within the length of an on ramp. My 7700lb truck with 260hp accomplishes that. It has sufficient power and in a truck that's all I care about. Is it crazy exciting fast? Not even close. My GS450 with 22hp was "sufficiently" powered...it would do 85 and easily keep up with traffic. On a motorcycle, I want a little bit more than sufficient, thank you very much.

Dollar says its less hp than a stock vmax.

And guess what it actually costs....they gave it away... $45,000....

"Your 5% prepayment of $2,250.00 USD will reserve your X132 Hellcat."

Back