It pops? '85 vmax

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

oz1961

Reaction score
I have to check the float levels in the next few weeks but I have this feeling that the problem is electrical.

I can be sitting at the lights and suddenly I feel the motor miss or pop

then it idels fine again

When it is reving I dont feel a miss at all.

While I know I should adjust the float level the problem seems elecritcal

I changed the plugs but the problem continued

I checked the leads and couldnt see any cracks or evidence of shorting out so I am wondering if it is one of the two coils up under the airbox.

Any advice or suggestions would be great

I got a lot popping with cracked boots between carbs and intakes, I couldn't find leaks with starter spray but changed boots and it helped. If they look cracked, I'd say that change them.

Check Ya carb boots as Mr. Max said. Mine didn't seem to have leaks either, but they were hard as rock. After changing them out (top and bottom), problem solved. No more popping. Wish Ya luck

If it's non of the above it could be an un-healthy charging system;

http://www.vmaxforum.net/showthread.php?t=19108

If you want your carbs gone thru and done right send them to Dannymax. He goes thru them and replaces any part in question and puts them on his test engine to make sure they are ready to ride, trouble free, pending every thing else is operating like it should on your bike.

image.php

BRC Carb Shop email- [email protected]

Back