Camshaft question

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

turbostang

Reaction score
So I finally discovered what happened to my Max after ignoring it for over a year.
The rear exhaust cam has broken in half, so only one half of it is spinning.

The question I have ( other than does anyone have an exhaust cam that I can buy and haved shipped to me fast ) is what is the difference between the cams from the Max and a 1200cc Venture. I have a spare set of Venture heads and could use one of those cams to get it running again until I find a replacement Max cam.

Kloker, you still have your stock cams? You have aftermarket cams in your Max now right?

no problem beefcakes is working on a new cam..will yield great results ..where all waiting for the results should be any day now

I've got a few cams left you can buy. I broke a rear intake cam years ago myself. Aftermarket cams still require a good core since they don't make billet versions.

Sean

So I finally discovered what happened to my Max after ignoring it for over a year.
The rear exhaust cam has broken in half, so only one half of it is spinning.

The question I have ( other than does anyone have an exhaust cam that I can buy and haved shipped to me fast ) is what is the difference between the cams from the Max and a 1200cc Venture. I have a spare set of Venture heads and could use one of those cams to get it running again until I find a replacement Max cam.

The venture cams are way milder.I sent my stock cams to have them welded then reground to what I have now.

Wow man,I wondered and asked about you several times.Nobody knew anything!

I've got a few cams left you can buy. I broke a rear intake cam years ago myself. Aftermarket cams still require a good core since they don't make billet versions.

Sean

Thanks Sean: how much and when can you send them out?

The venture cams are way milder.I sent my stock cams to have them welded then reground to what I have now.

Wow man,I wondered and asked about you several times.Nobody knew anything!

When it broke I put it in the corner under a cover and ignored it. It was easier to stay away from here cause I would want to work on it again. Still kicking though, anxious to get it back on the road.

I normally get $100 for a good cam since it breaks up a set. If someone else needs a different cam I would make a deal on the set.

Sean

lankee's deal is much better.

Sean

that is true, and I realize i would be breaking up your set. i was hoping someone had a single they wanted to get rid of.

how common is it to break these? mine broke on the oiling hole under the retainer. there was absolutely no noise from the valvetrain, but the exhaust was flowing back out of the intake.

Attachments

• Exhaust Cam.jpg
    Exhaust Cam.jpg
    53.6 KB · Views: 26
Last edited:
I've only ever broken one and have not heard of another until yours. I broke mine on a group ride in Daytona Beach 02 Bikeweek and didn't know that was the problem until I started taking the engine apart and was rolling it over when I noticed only half the cam was turning.

Sean

Hey Sean, on a side note are you making brackets to adapt tokico 6 pot calipers and new style rotors to pre 93 models?
If so, how much and when can I get a set?

I'd need one to see the fitment. I have 4 piston adapters for early rotors and 6 piston busa calipers on late model rotors. $20 a pair unfinished.

Sean

Turbo

Your cam has been shipped this morning from Tennessee USPS.:clapping:
If you need anything else let me know.

Thanks again
Yankee

I do believe I have a few on hand unfinished still.

Sean

Just so you know everything before I take them.

I will be using 88 Forks with R1/R6 rotors & ZX7/GSXR/Busa calipers.

Send me your paypal address incl USPS shipping (they should fit in a normal envelope ) to

320 bridlewood av sw
calgary, alberta, canada
t2y 4g2

and I will forward the payment.

Latest posts

Back