" new record "

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

COP RUNNER

Reaction score
I WE'NT ON AN EPIC RIDE SUNDAY , 339 MILES , AFTER FILLING UP THE FIRST TIME , I WEN'T 162.7 MILES & IT TOOK 3.6 GALLONS OF GAS, ( AFTER FILLING WITH GAS COMING OUT OF THE TOP OF THE TANK & DRAINING ON THE GROUND ) THATS JUST OVER 45 MILES PER-GALLON , IS THIS A NEW RECORD FOR THE V-MAX ? THE ONLY REASON I WEN'T THAT FAR BEFORE GETTING SOME GAS , THERE WERE NO GAS STATIONS IN THE MIDDLE OF NOWHERE , MAN I WAS SHITTING , FUEL LIGHT CAME ON AT 137 MILES , SO AS I'M RIDING I'M TRYING TO FIGURE OUT HOW MUCH FURTHER I CAN GO , SO I STOP AT A YELLOW FLASHING LIGHT TO TELL MY BUDDY THAT I'M GOING TO RUN OUT , BUT HE PULLED UP & SAID " MAN YOU MUST BE ON FUMES " , HIS HONDA VTX HAS A BIGGER TANK ! I SAID I AM & TO HANG BACK SO HE DOES'NT RUN INTO THE BACK OF ME WHEN I RUN OUT ! BUT I DID MAKE IT , THANK GOD , AND THATS THE SECOND TIME THATS HAPPENED TO ME , SO I SAID , FROM NOW ON ONCE I HIT A 100 MILES I'M GETTING GAS NOMATTER WHAT ! ( ITS JUST TO MUCH STRESS ) " LOL " :rofl_200:

I WE'NT ON AN EPIC RIDE SUNDAY , 339 MILES , AFTER FILLING UP THE FIRST TIME , I WEN'T 162.7 MILES & IT TOOK 3.6 GALLONS OF GAS, ( AFTER FILLING WITH GAS COMING OUT OF THE TOP OF THE TANK & DRAINING ON THE GROUND ) THATS JUST OVER 45 MILES PER-GALLON , IS THIS A NEW RECORD FOR THE V-MAX ? THE ONLY REASON I WEN'T THAT FAR BEFORE GETTING SOME GAS , THERE WERE NO GAS STATIONS IN THE MIDDLE OF NOWHERE , MAN I WAS SHITTING , FUEL LIGHT CAME ON AT 137 MILES , SO AS I'M RIDING I'M TRYING TO FIGURE OUT HOW MUCH FURTHER I CAN GO , SO I STOP AT A YELLOW FLASHING LIGHT TO TELL MY BUDDY THAT I'M GOING TO RUN OUT , BUT HE PULLED UP & SAID " MAN YOU MUST BE ON FUMES " , HIS HONDA VTX HAS A BIGGER TANK ! I SAID I AM & TO HANG BACK SO HE DOES'NT RUN INTO THE BACK OF ME WHEN I RUN OUT ! BUT I DID MAKE IT , THANK GOD , AND THATS THE SECOND TIME THATS HAPPENED TO ME , SO I SAID , FROM NOW ON ONCE I HIT A 100 MILES I'M GETTING GAS NOMATTER WHAT ! ( ITS JUST TO MUCH STRESS ) " LOL " :rofl_200:

That's my rule! 100 miles and start looking! My GPS comes on at 110 and tells me fuel is low (set for my SV1000S) and when I hit the icon it shows me all the fuel stations near me and if I pick one it'll tell me how to get there. SUPER nice mod when ITMONW.

seems like great milage best i got was 40...but i was cranking on the highway...what where your speeds ..it would be nice to know i can get 45 at 70 75 mph

That's my rule! 100 miles and start looking! My GPS comes on at 110 and tells me fuel is low (set for my SV1000S) and when I hit the icon it shows me all the fuel stations near me and if I pick one it'll tell me how to get there. SUPER nice mod when ITMONW.
I GOT A REAL NICE GPS FOR CHRISTMAS , HAVE'NT REALY MESSED WITH IT YET , I'LL HAVE TO FIGURE IT OUT, AND START BRINGING IT WITH ME ! ! :punk:

Last edited:
seems like great milage best i got was 40...but i was cranking on the highway...what where your speeds ..it would be nice to know i can get 45 at 70 75 mph
sorry about that , i meant to put that , on the run that i got 45.19 miles per gallon was a steady 50-60 mph's only a couple of traffic lights & stop signs ! I was shocked !!!!!!!

Best I got out of the Max was right at 50 mpg cruising between 50-60 when I was out and about with a bunch of Harley guys.

I start looking for gas @ 70 miles. There aren't a lot of stations in the ozarks.

That fuel light makes me pucker way more than the oil light ever did when I first saw it.

Best I got out of the Max was right at 50 mpg cruising between 50-60 when I was out and about with a bunch of Harley guys.

Riding with the Harleys is good for mileage. I went on a 98 mile run with a bunch, 85 bikes total. All intersections were blocked, no stops, well two rest stops so the chopper guys could stretch. All at 40-50 mph. Took 2.17 gal. to fill the max. 45.16 mpg!

Course the next tank, and every one after that is 36-39 mpg, just like it was before. :bang head:

dan

I went on a nice 100 mile ride last weekend only a few stoplights and some mountian twisties but mostly open road. Driving 65 to 70 mph with a few 90+ for passing cars. and got 44.5 mpg.

Oh and I had a passanger on the back. Now I want to do it again solo and see what mpg's I get.

The max does surprisingly well at highway speeds. I consistently got 45-50 mpg on a 1000 mile trip early this spring.

WEN'T ON ANOTHER " EPIC RIDE " 300 + MILES , IT GOT 47.3 MILES A GALLON & 48.1 MILES A GALLON ! I THINK ITS GREAT ! :punk:

Me likey that idea as have a mount on my max , Havent really used it as such tho yet . :clapping:

VERY VERY hard to beleive those mpg numbers. I'm right around 35mpg on an "easy" cruise through back roads. The range on the Vmax is really the only thing that is annoying, for such a heavy bike, you would think the tank would be larger. My ZZR1200 could go 300miles on a tank, and my FZ1 would go about 240.

I just got this vmax, but i'm considering selling it.

WEN'T ON ANOTHER " EPIC RIDE " 300 + MILES , IT GOT 47.3 MILES A GALLON & 48.1 MILES A GALLON ! I THINK ITS GREAT ! :punk:

I have gone 140 miles and was on fumes, got 3.8 gals to fill her back up. I can get 115 out of a tank of gas before the light comes on. It's all in the right wrist. My stage 1 experiment gave me the light at 95 miles. I like getting gas at 100 miles or so. Just to relieve the anxiety. I shake the bike, put her on the center stnd, all to get the most gas possible in the tank, on a trip. I'll be going 330 miles or so each way this Sunday and am planning my fuel stops in advance.
Steve-o

VERY VERY hard to beleive those mpg numbers. I'm right around 35mpg on an "easy" cruise through back roads. The range on the Vmax is really the only thing that is annoying, for such a heavy bike, you would think the tank would be larger. My ZZR1200 could go 300miles on a tank, and my FZ1 would go about 240.

I just got this vmax, but i'm considering selling it.
Just got my Max as well. First tank was 43 mpg. Most all in town.

My past riding, which was mostly around town, gave me 32-33 mpg on a stock bike. The red light would 'be my friend' @ about 92-98 mi & it would take 3 gal. With my refurbished engine, I don't have enough seat time yet to get a # & w/the weather we're having (rain every day, but that's Miami in June) I may not get much of an opportunity.

Back