02 VMax radiator fan issue

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

trojwl

Reaction score
The fan has quit working. I will troubleshoot using skills honed on cars.

Can anyone tell me where the temperature switch/sensor is located?
Also is the fan easily removed (if necessary)?

Any input is welcomed.

Thanks
Warren

Attachments

• 2009-07-04  Cooper  House  VMax 003.jpg
    2009-07-04 Cooper House VMax 003.jpg
    82.2 KB · Views: 26
The sensor is on the right side under the scoop, on the water manifold. I think the radiator has to be at least unbolted and pulled back for fan removal. Good time to clean and touch up the radiator if it needs it. Welcome to the forum Warren.
Steve-o

Last edited:
Thanks for info. I was actually able to find it pretty quickly. I shorted switch and fan started (whew).

Now to find a new switch.

Thanks

Thanks for info. I was actually able to find it pretty quickly. I shorted switch and fan started (whew).

Now to find a new switch.

Thanks

There's one you can buy at napa but not sure the part # or application but it'll make your fan come on sooner. I did that and changed the thermostat and my bike has never got above 208 degrees, I have an aftermarket temp gauge so I know what it is at all times. Alot of guys just put the fan on a toggle so they can turn it on whenever they want but I didn't want another switch on my bike.. just do a search for thermostats and temp switch and I'm sure you'll find the info plus you can buy it all local from a napa...

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

[FONT=&quot]The thread for the switch is 16m x 1.5. From a 1988 Chevy Sprint, part number Beck Arnley 201-1367.

Closes @ 185 Deg. F; Opens @ 194 Deg. F

One of the Venture guys posted this a few weeks ago.

Gary

[/FONT]

Back