03 change jets

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Smokn Joe

Reaction score
I was at the International Motorcycle Show in Toronto and was talking to a VMOA rep about leaning out the carbs a bit. The standard exhaust has five 3/8" holes drilled in the end face making it run a little rich. I believe he said standard jets are .150" diameter and to go up one size ( .151" ???). Could someone please direct me.

I'd go 147.5 jets. Most recommend that for stock setups. Your drilling hasn't increased flow much over stock.

You want to lean it out. The higher the number the richer the mixture.

So switching from 152.5 to 147.5 jets on a factory bike is an improvement? Does that have anything to do with elevation?

So switching from 152.5 to 147.5 jets on a factory bike is an improvement? Does that have anything to do with elevation?

Absolutely! Most of the ones I've seen running the 147.5's are below 1000 feet.

You may have to lean it even more, the higher you go.

Chris

Correct. 152.5 is a good setting if you are at sea level. Generally, you drop the size of the main jet for every 1000 feet of elevation.

Ahhh! I'm at just under 2200ft. here in Edmonton. When I got it it was super rich (floats too high) but looks like I can make some improvements with better jets. So, what size should I try? Also, what brand? Can I get them from Sean?

$10 and $3 postage (mostly for the padded mailer lol).

Sean

Haha thanks Sean. I've got a list of things I need to get from you before the snow melts. Should I go with the 147.5s or should I try smaller?

only time I have used smaller is with Cobra's! 147.5 works quite well most of the time.

Sean

Back