09 VMAX Price

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks trapshooter 12,
Just call highlands yamaha and put a deposit on new vmax for $15899 + $40 bucks for doc. fee. OTD is $15939 + my state sales tax in nevada. Great deal on a great bike.
Thanks again.

vrodtom

vrodtom, that's great. I'm glad I could help, but I would like to know how your going to get it. Are they going to ship it to your local dealer?

trapshooter nice bike in your pic! used to have a cbx smoooooooth!:punk:

Thank's for the compliment MAXXMAN. The Honda CBX was a really cool bike in it's time. I do enjoy mine a lot. It's sure a head turner and very fast. But I'm looking for a newer hotrod like the VMAX. I always had a hard on for one. Looking to add one to my collection. I'll attach a few picture's for ya. The CBX is a work of art.

Attachments

• HON_080_1980_52_800x570_HONDA-CBX1000.jpg
    HON_080_1980_52_800x570_HONDA-CBX1000.jpg
    90.2 KB · Views: 28
  • cbxpipes.jpg
    cbxpipes.jpg
    92.5 KB · Views: 24
Thanks trapshooter 12,
Just call highlands yamaha and put a deposit on new vmax for $15899 + $40 bucks for doc. fee. OTD is $15939 + my state sales tax in nevada. Great deal on a great bike.
Thanks again.

vrodtom
Where is Highlands Yamaha located?
Thanks
Jamboa

Yep. And, some of the people that paid (or committed to pay) full retail for their bike have already taken a depreciation hit, given the reduced prices we're already seeing on the new Max. I'm waiting to see how motivated dealers are to sell these things once the snow really begins to fly.

I'm thinking the same thing Jayhawk. The way things are going, I don't think many people will be able to buy this high priced bike. That's why you see everyone selling their Harley's. What do you do, ride or lose your home. I think I'm going hold out for a while and see how much the VMAX come's down too.

yes it's about 1800 miles from vegas. I have a few dealers in AZ. willing to sell for $16400 OTD. Only 300 miles away. I think i am going to AZ. Save the gas and ride. I think getting $1600-$2000 off a new bike even in this market is very good. The dealer (stealer) in vegas wants $17,900 plus over $1200 set up + tax for OTD of $21,300. I am paying OTD in AZ. $17,700 including taxes! That is about the same as i payed for my vrod and loved it. But its time to go faster!

ride safe,
vrodtom now vmaxtom

That's why you see everyone selling their Harley's.

LOL, Harleys have been invading the classifieds for years upon years, not just now because of the way things are. I look at the motorcycle classifieds and probably 80% of the bikes for sale are Harleys and it's always been that way. That's why I made the comment about whether they do it just to make money off of it and not enjoy their ride. I personally have a hard time with the idea of buying a used motorcycle, especially a Harley with how expensive parts are!

LOL, Harleys have been invading the classifieds for years upon years, not just now because of the way things are. I look at the motorcycle classifieds and probably 80% of the bikes for sale are Harleys and it's always been that way. That's why I made the comment about whether they do it just to make money off of it and not enjoy their ride. I personally have a hard time with the idea of buying a used motorcycle, especially a Harley with how expensive parts are!

There is way more Harley's on the road then Jap bikes. Out of 300 people I work with, I'm the only one that ride's a Jap bike. And I work with a lot of biker's. That's why you see more Harley's for sale. I don't know where your from, but Harley's are very popular. And I'm done arguing about Harley's.

I SENT MY 1 GRAND AT A PRICE OF 18,000, HOW DID YOU GET IT SO LOW:ummm:

You have do your homework and know how to wheel and deal. I got my local dealer to go down to $17,000 OTD. Here is a link to a dealer out side of Chicago that have them on sale.

Last edited:
There is way more Harley's on the road then Jap bikes. Out of 300 people I work with, I'm the only one that ride's a Jap bike. And I work with a lot of biker's. That's why you see more Harley's for sale. I don't know where your from, but Harley's are very popular. And I'm done arguing about Harley's.

Not so much MORE Harleys around here, there's plenty of them and rice burners. Look, I'm not dissing Harley, they are great bikes but I personally can't justify paying that much money for what you get. Sure, now you'll whip out the "but a Harley holds its value" card. I really don't care, as far as I'm concerned that's about the only thing they have going for them and that they are American made. I don't care who I ride with as long as I'm happy with my ride and my friends are happy with their ride whether it be with a Harley, VMax, crotch rocket or a moped. I'm just trying to combat the "I can't justify spending that kind of money on the new Max, I'd rather get a Harley" comments. Get whatever you want that seems reasonable to you, my ass will be planted on the seat of a Max come February - the seat will be very cold at that time but the adrenaline should warm me up good!!:biglaugh:

It's true there are more Harley's on the road today. In fact 98% still on the road. 2 % made it home.:biglaugh:

Not so much MORE Harleys around here, there's plenty of them and rice burners. Look, I'm not dissing Harley, they are great bikes but I personally can't justify paying that much money for what you get. Sure, now you'll whip out the "but a Harley holds its value" card. I really don't care, as far as I'm concerned that's about the only thing they have going for them and that they are American made. I don't care who I ride with as long as I'm happy with my ride and my friends are happy with their ride whether it be with a Harley, VMax, crotch rocket or a moped. I'm just trying to combat the "I can't justify spending that kind of money on the new Max, I'd rather get a Harley" comments. Get whatever you want that seems reasonable to you, my ass will be planted on the seat of a Max come February - the seat will be very cold at that time but the adrenaline should warm me up good!!:biglaugh:

You know what they say, everyone has a opinion like they have a:10_6_8:. So when you get your new bike in February, don't let your opinion get cold.

You know what they say, everyone has a opinion like they have a:10_6_8:. So when you get your new bike in February, don't let your opinion get cold.

Don't worry, it won't. I'm quite happy and proud of my decision!! Staying alive will be the important factor on this bike I have a feeling!

I eat "pork" with my "Rice". It's good to have some hogs around.

Pork attract's Women and Rice attract's Guy's, unless your a bone smoker :wkwk: then everything is all good for you.

You guy's are just sour because you paid top dollar for your 09's. That's ok, I know a lot of dumb ass people that don't know how or don't want to wheel and deal. No skin off my nose. Your the one's keeping the heat on at the stealership's. At least I don't have to be cold when I go to the stealer's to wheel and deal this winter.:rofl_200: I don't think I'll buy one now because I don't want the early model with all the bug's in it. Plus the price should come down like the housing market. If nobody has the money to spend, then the manufacture and the stealer's will have to come down or they'll have to shit can the new model.

By the way, how many Vmax drag bike's do you see out there?

It's true there are more Harley's on the road today. In fact 98% still on the road. 2% made it home.:biglaugh:

That's some funny stuff right there, I don't care who you are.

In the thiry-five years I've been ridin' I've owned dozens of bikes. Four of them Harleys. Currently I ride a 1200 Sportster. Harley riders sneer at you cause it's not a "big twin", others cause it's a Harley. I ride it cause it cost me only $4K, it's clean as a whistle, averages 47mpg, and is dead nuts reliable. Other than a VRod I wouldn't own another Harley.

I had a '85 Vmax in 1985-1987. It's the only bike I wish I still had.

A 15K or 20K Harley was expensive 10-15 years ago. I don't think it is anymore. Lot's of bikes are in that range...Ducati, BMW, many Jap bikes. You can buy a new 1200 Sportster for 9K. Similar to litre class Jap v-twins.

Motorcycles in general are expensive these days. I'd love to have a new Max but I won't pay that kind of cash for any bike anymore. I believe my '85 VMax cost me less than 4K off the showroom floor. I'll wait to see what the used market brings in a year or two. Maybe I'll get a 1st gen VMax or a VRod, who knows?

This new max is simply awesome though! And I agree with the poster about losing the speed/RPM limiters. To those of you who have the cash, I'm jealous. Enjoy!

Sorry to disagree but I feel speed and power is the total reason.
When I buy a bike it has to be one I love and am willing to part
with some of my hard earned cash to own. I don't roll into the dealer
going I may not really care for the bike but it has good resale.
Comparing the new Max to any Harley is apples and oranges. Honestly
the Vrod looks okay but still almost 60 ponies shy of the new Max.
I mean come on this puppy puts out 200 horses, its a milestone.
Their only making 2500 of the new Max and while the dealers may
be trying to squeeze the xtra coin out of them, ( i.e. Shelby's and
Vipers ) thats going to be part of the price for the e-ticket ride.
Not sure why Star dealers are all over the place with price but I
think long term the investment in the exclusive club will allow for
fair resale values.
And thats all I'm gonna say bout that .
Chris

It isn't a question about speed or power but retail value, or perceived value.

I rode the new 09 VMAX Friday!
YES! You heard me right!
I RODE IT!
I took it for a 20 minute spin in Daytona on the Star Demo Rides.

And all I can say is... It IS worth every penny of the $17,999.00 sticker price.
It's tight, it extremely well balanced, And it will ROCKET OFF when you twist the throttle, It doesn't matter what gear your in or what rpms your at.
It Moves with authority! No ifs ands or butts about it!

Everything they billed the 09 VMAX as, is true.

I went from 15 to 77 in a blink of an eye in 2nd gear.

AWESOME RIDE... JUST PLAIN AWESOME!
I will be owning one when they are on the showroom floor and can ride off on one!

Latest posts

Back