130 MPH corner

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ROB06

Reaction score
hopefully nobody is getting tired of hearing my street encounters:ummm: , but you have to understand living around wyotech it could be a daily occurrence. bumping through the red lights on my way to get the wife from work, i finally took the pole position.everyone running 60-70ish i don't like people riding on my rear fender so at the last light before my exit, nice straight piece of pavement ahead w/no possible cross traffic, we launch:rocket bike:,as I'm nearing my exit I'm at or around 85ish i glance in the mirror to see this impatient motorist split the yellow line or the passing lane and the berm w/ his automobile, he passes the now merging into the slow lane slower car, as this guy cut the caboose loose he was determined to reclaim the ground i had put between myself and the rest of the pack.with there being multiple unmarked cars around here, i figured whelp how fat is this ticket going to be.......:hmmm: so i back off a bit,a useless effort in hopes he thinks maybe he has miscalculated my aggressiveness,by the time I'm taking my exit he is right beside me,abt 100 yards before the first turn i glance over and and see no cop,exit goes into one lane,he drops RIGHT behind me and as the second lane opens up he jumps back into the fast lane,we both have the same thing in mind, I'm thinking come on Michelin Road Pilots hold your ground,first we go into a 110MPH left corner, nothing big ,tires gripping, good lean, angle ok, yea we've been here before:coolgleamA:,still side to side, the corner relaxed into a short straight stretch,right into a Lil tighter and longer right hand corner,taking the corner tight to give him some room, so if he decided to take some of my lane, he didn't take me with it,abt 1/4 into the turn everything starts to pucker up,knowing i haven't taken this corner even close to these speeds without using both lanes (butterflies,numbness & knots)1/2 through the turn I'm loosing traction and sliding to the middle of my lane,now very quick calculation at this rate at the end of this turn if this guy is hugging the inside of his lane i should be just abt into the passenger side door ,in my book this = not good..lol,speed unknown at this time,i have a few choices, back out, hook a ride on the passenger door or lean pass my comfort zone. everything puckered completely SHUT! at this time, i have no communication between brain and right wrist, so we must lean, this slows the ground loss from right to left and its a very uneasy feeling , by the time we hit the last 1/4 part of this turn, I'm 3/4 of the way across my lane, man handling max to stay black and red w/o a touch of silver and I'm sure the car wanted to stay silver w/o a touch of black and red,ok its time to become vertical, as we end the turn and start into the straight i look down and were @ 130ish, entering the straight i think we both had enough,it didn't go anywhere from there.i have never heard these tire grunt till then,max is for straights not turns,something a already knew, although i think he did very well,and Kloker, thanks for suggesting the Michelin's, when i got to the wife to pick her up, i guess i had this stupid grin on my face because the first thing she asked was " what did you do"....lol outta time and outta space. later

What the hell kind of car were you racing? lol
not sure it all happened pretty quick,all i know is it was silver 4 door w/ a blk and red emblem of S something SE ST SL something like that, kinda boxy,maybe a Nissan? not sure, i do know it held tight in the corners and pretty snappy,it was all i could do to stay beside him,not too sure what would have happened if he would/could of got into it a little more:stretche::jail: i figure his rear view would have looked something like this.....lol:bike1:

You can beat him, I'm sure the car is governed to 130 mph. :) Just duck down and hold on.

Mark

I am very surprised that you weren't flexing the frame cranking it that hard in a turn.At least you came out of it in one piece.Good work!

The se-r is fast for what it is, but still not as fast as any mustang gt. my 96 mustang gt "one of the worst years for the mustang" would have walked from one. He's just lucky that he caught you in a cornering situation. I guarantee you that had it been in any other circumstance, he would have been hating life. with a 0-60 of a little over 6 seconds, it shouldn't have even been a race. but it might have been something other than an SE-R.

I demand pics of the tyres.

I've seen what that kind of riding does to my mates tyre on thier sport bikes. Let seethe Damage a 280kg muscle monster does lol.

I've seen what that kind of riding does to my mates tyre on thier sport bikes. Let seethe Damage a 280kg muscle monster does lol.
lol, i was thinking the same thing:th_bfxbfxvfxv: :hmmm:, you see the ones on ebay,there ripped! but there alot softer i think,weather has been very iffy around here since so havent been riding ill check it out and post some pics

Thanks Waylander, i have a little over 12hrs till i can get back home, and all i can think abt are my tires...lol,i just put them on not that long ago:bang head: do ya think that two aggressive corners would actually do more then put a good scuff on them:confused2: . This is gonna be a looong day:angry teeth:::eusa_pray:

Next time you happen to run into one of these situations, put your weight down on the peg on the inside of the corner and bike will go around much easier. It doesn't have the effect that it would have on a lighter bike, but it still does work. Experiment with the method and you'll see what I mean.
Mike Costa
VMOA #3531

Waylander, here r the tires cant tell very well in the pics but the rear is cupped pretty good and has little flakes or layers peeling off only in very small spots as seen in pic, and little chunks taken around the tread cuts the front has the tire tips wore off it and little cupping,im hoping that this will wear back to being flat and not feel like riding on a block, i guess these tires r alot softer then i thought,

Attachments

• IMG_0906.jpg
    IMG_0906.jpg
    40 KB · Views: 26
  • IMG_0916.jpg
    IMG_0916.jpg
    57.1 KB · Views: 25
Actually you should be glad you're on a soft-ish tyre. harder one might not have held so well.

Didn't do as much as I would have expected.

And no, two corners would have just scrubbed them up real good. Nothing to worry bout.

Should have seen mine after a solo ride out and about before it started breaking down on me.
Drifting a bike is some scary shit.
Probably why it's got problems now I think about it....

Latest posts

Back