1500 cc being built

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah I'd like to see that too AND I don't do Facebook where I think most of his stuff is.

Seans spreadsheets are a great help. It'll nail down most of it for you.

He's right tho', there are so many ways to go that it's hard to quantify all of it.....

Even PCW's website, which has a lot of detailed info, requires an extended phone call to nail down what's going to happen when they get your engine.

That being said I think he could use a better web site too, but in light of how easy he is to deal with and easy to talk to, it's not that big a deal....He's a busy guy

I have a similair setup with 1500 pcw big bore kit, 380 cams. heavy duty spring kit. high volume oil pump etc. otherwise heads are stock. im seeking some info on what setup to use in the carbs, all help appreciated

Rob

A week ago they had the bike together but i don't think it was ready for the dyno just yet. He was going to run it in & use an exhaust gas analyzer to tune the induction, break the motor in & then run it. Have been working on my own resuscitation project, nothing looks pretty but it's getting done, slowly, & once it runs reliably then i'll disassemble it & paint the frame & recondition the parts in appearance which I haven't done yet. I want to get it running well 1st, then do the cosmetics. For now the bike's engine is stone-stock, & is likely going to stay that way for now. I do have a second engine which needs 2nd gear, so who knows what could happen there? I am not looking to spend $5K on a hotrod rebuild though.

I did lend the engine builder the side cover off my spare engine I have so he could set the timing on the hot motor. You should see the billet side cases & valve covers, I bet he dropped several thousand dollars there! They look cool but I have better uses for my $. But if you like the bling & see-thru side covers, this is a feast for the eyes, and also it feasts on your bank account.

Last edited:
Seans doing all the parts acquisition and more importantly all the thinking for me on my current project that I have very high hopes for, all I'm doing is the assembly........

It's a stroker too...

83mm bore, 71mm stoke, (this bore would be 1428cc with the stock stroke) making it a 1536.........Since I used to just barely make 4th gear at the strip I believe that lowering the revs to 9000 and ending up using most of 4th in the 1/4 will still be workable motor for the 1/4 and therefore power delivery will be even better than before.....

I've gone the opposite way too before, destroking 350's by installing a 307 crank, resulting in a 327 but with bigger main journals than a normal 327 (yeah, 307 cranks are cast but you'd be surprised how well they hold up if everything is balanced correctly) and gotten insane RPM levels and good power delivery that way too......

The SBC 305's were another variant too, since they had the same stroke as the 350 with less bore, they were considered "dogs" as were the 307's, only because the heads, comp. ratios, and cams on both were typically crappy, both motors had good potential with better comp. ratios, cams and heads.....

So yes, there is more than one way to skin a cat................

I think stroke/=torque is the reason every one misses the old muscle cars, they just "felt" faster because of bottom end response.....

I wonder what a Vmax would be like if you built it as HOT as possible but detroked it to maybe a 1000cc???? Might make for a fun ride......Then again the Vmax might be a little heavy for that to work???.....be a fun experiment anyway

Latest posts

Back