17" Front 18" Rear

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

coruscantkid

Reaction score
Is anyone running 17" and 18" mixed? I am putting an R1 front end, and found a matching 18" rear that I can do a hub like Jedi. Thanks in advance.

I don't know of anybody running the 17" front, 18" rear but have always thought this would be a great combo for the V Max and would increase the handling tremendously.

Let us know the results, if you do this. :punk:

It will make a rear a bit hight so you need shorter, much shorter rear shocks or extended forks. Running with this setup may provide too much weight to the front and couse the slapping effect.
Just IMHO.

i'm am and trying to further a 18 front/17 rear.

Satariel, thanks. I am going to be running a 3" extended, braced and notched swingarm, which will lower the rear end. Do you know what kind of weight difference there will be between OEM Vmax and R1 form ends? Thanks.

Satariel, thanks. I am going to be running a 3" extended, braced and notched swingarm, which will lower the rear end. Do you know what kind of weight difference there will be between OEM Vmax and R1 form ends? Thanks.

Weight of the v-max front end r1 front end?
Very close. Maybe r1 slightly lighter.

Do You have a rear wheel and swingarm already?

Yes, I have the swingarm, and I found an 18" wheel that looks like an R1 to match the front wheel. It goes to a Harley, so I am going to machine the adapter like Jedi.

I already have a Galfer rear rotor for an R6 wheel that I was going to put on the 18. Would it bolt to the Kawi wheel?

Latest posts

Back