1st Gen V-Max 1985 Vmax

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

schenckster

Reaction score
VMax Year
Brought in my Vmax about 3 years ago, and love this bike!

I am a computer and electrical engineer and wanted to be more mechanically inclined so I was searching for 'older' bikes to become more familiar. This isn't my first bike but I will admit, I should have found something smaller and a bit easier to work on. BUT I found a killer deal and decided to pull the trigger. I have fallen in love with this bike. It has such a different riding experience than the other bikes I have owned.

I'm a younger guy and one of the things I love about this bike is the conversations it starts up with people older than me. I have had many people approach me and tell me about how when they were younger this bike was their dream. I love having these conversations come up and to hear about others stories.

Have a good week everyone!

Attachments

• Vmax.JPG
    Vmax.JPG
    101.8 KB · Views: 71
I'm a younger guy and one of the things I love about this bike is the conversations it starts up with people older than me. I have had many people approach me and tell me about how when they were younger this bike was their dream. I love having these conversations come up and to hear about others stories.
Is it only about the bike or more about a younger guy riding an older bike?:) Nice bike, by the way.

I am a computer and electrical engineer and wanted to be more mechanically inclined so I was searching for 'older' bikes to become more familiar. This isn't my first bike but I will admit, I should have found something smaller and a bit easier to work on. BUT I found a killer deal and decided to pull the trigger. I have fallen in love with this bike. It has such a different riding experience than the other bikes I have owned.

Have a good week everyone!
Having an 85 with a Kerker exhaust.will get more attention. Than any other year. No one will come up to you and ask " is that a 93 ?".

But they all know about the 85. It's the vmax that started it all. You will hear all the myths and legends..

Nice bike,ride safe and enjoy owning a legendary bike.

Last edited:

Ny Vmax has been starting conversations since 1985. I’m 58 !

Back