• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to VMAX Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

1989 parts

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tinman22

Reaction score
I picked up an 89 last week for parts. It's missing. Front wheel,fender,rotors. Rear rotor is trashed in some mysterious fashion. Tank cover is a little banged up.I stole the v-boost controller, rear ring and pinion (replaced it with my functioning but stripped of its factory paint by po rear). The gauge cluster And the motor.
The electronics are good, frame is straight and has a clean title. The front end is also good. The guy I bought it from hit the side of a pickup at low speed and bent the forks and frame he bought a frame and forks as replacements (production date of 8/89 titled as a 1990.

Not trying to make a profit. Just figured I'd try and part it out here first. Pm me with what you need. One piece or all of it make me an offer.

I picked up an 89 last week for parts. It's missing. Front wheel,fender,rotors. Rear rotor is trashed in some mysterious fashion. Tank cover is a little banged up.I stole the v-boost controller, rear ring and pinion (replaced it with my functioning but stripped of its factory paint by po rear). The gauge cluster And the motor.
The electronics are good, frame is straight and has a clean title. The front end is also good. The guy I bought it from hit the side of a pickup at low speed and bent the forks and frame he bought a frame and forks as replacements (production date of 8/89 titled as a 1990.

Not trying to make a profit. Just figured I'd try and part it out here first. Pm me with what you need. One piece or all of it make me an offer.
What color?

It's red. The side panels and rear fender are in great shape with a little bit of fade on the fender.

Last edited:
Do you have the rear grab bar? I need all the parts you would need if you took off a factory backrest/sissybar

Sorry it took so long to get back to you I just saw it. It should all be there I could let you know in the morning. i could send you some pics if you want, let me know.

Hey Tinman, how about the kickstand kill switch that connects to the frame by the stand? Can't remember if it's all one piece or if the switch can be separated. Let me know if it's intact and/or if it looks functional. I've priced them new but figured I'd check a used one first. Thx

I need a smarter computer.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    39.5 KB · Views: 13
Here's another the left side has some pretty deep scratches and a ding. Would probably be good for repair and paint.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    42.4 KB · Views: 17
Back