1994 or 2003 help me decide

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

elybrook

Reaction score
I have the question about the Horsepower between the 94 and the 2003 model.
I am in the process of looking at buying my first Vmax ( i cant wait)
the question is
should I get the 2003 version for $4,500 to 5,000
or get the 1994 for $3,000
both are basicly stock
the 03 has aftermarket exhaust
I dont want to kick myself later.
I just want some input
thanks

horsepower should be equal...

personally i would by the newer one provided it was in acceptable cond for the asking price .

That didn't take you long! I just authorized you to post! lol

Welcome!

I'd always take the newest... unless the newest was beat to death or had other issues. It'll give you all the updates that have been done including a spin on oil filter which is nice to have.

Plus the 2003 has a cool paint job IMO. '94 yellow is rare but it's yellow... My buddy has a '94 and it's nice but I don't do yellow on a bike. It's just me.

Chris

Either one would be fine. The newer bike has stronger engine block (same power) and spin on filter. Both would be good bikes. The header can be a big cost and help close the gap if you want on of those anyway.

OR

You buy my 2005 for $6000 and it's stock except for custom paint, an overdrive trans, and solid engine mounts.

Sean

thank you for the info BUT I was misinformed about the age of one of the bikes ( i havnt see it yet)
the bike that was listed as a 2003-- is actually a 1998 and the price is about the same $5000. sorry

I just see all the silly reports about the HP ratings are diff and wanted to get the best bang for the buck.

Go for Sean's 2005 for $6,000. It is the 20th Anniversary model and has a great paint scheme unless the custom paint mentioned means that has been changed. If it has been changed, email Sean for pics to see if you like the paint. Also has all the latest Yamaha updates and the overdrive trans.

Down Payment and we might be able to work something out.

Sean

Latest posts

Back