• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to VMAX Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

2000 VMAX in Iowa -SOLD-

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rifleman

Reaction score
Also posted on CL, http://desmoines.craigslist.org/mcy/4941969269.html, but reducing the price for forum members to $3900 since this forum has been awesome to me. Please mention the forum when responding.

Great bike, excellent condition, only 15??? miles.

Only had a VMAX for about three years but have loved it, just can't have 3 motorcycles. In the future will by a Vmax again but probably a Gen 2 next time.

extract from the CL ad.

Bike is in awesome condition, runs extremely strong and will not disappoint.

It is stock with the exception of a UFO Dragstar exhaust which is loud but sounds awesome, a MaxGasser seat (much, much more comfortable than stock), aftermarket grips, windscreen and passenger backrest/small luggage rack. Windscreen and backrest/rack are pretty easily removed to retain the stock look.

Only as 15??? miles, still riding occasionally.

New front tire end of last summer, less than 1000 miles on it
Rear tire is a little less than 1/4 tread.
Carbon fiber pattern on faux tank cover (tank resides under the seat on a V-Max), side covers and fenders looks awesome.
Just changed oil/filter on 12 Mar 15.

In full disclosure, I was riding on a dirt driveway, less than 5 mph, about a 2 years ago and hit the throttle a little too hard causing the rear wheel to break loose and it was set down. The engine guards protected the engine but there is a little rash on the bottom of the chrome muffler (unseen unless laying on your back) and the mount for the chrome muffler is broken off. The muffler/exhaust is still solid. I cleaned up the engine guards and re-powder coated.

I also have a small portion of the loan to pay off so I won't be able to give you the title until the lien is paid off but I will put that in writing to guarantee you will get the title.

I will also throw in a cover and a cable lock for it.

Youtube video is when I first got it so it showsl stock seat, no windscreen or backrest/luggage rack
https://youtu.be/-nnej5y-8Do

Thanks
chuck

Attachments

• VMAX (640x479).jpg
    VMAX (640x479).jpg
    218.9 KB · Views: 45
  • IMG_0314 (640x478).jpg
    IMG_0314 (640x478).jpg
    183 KB · Views: 39
  • IMG_0315 (640x478).jpg
    IMG_0315 (640x478).jpg
    181.5 KB · Views: 43
  • Engine (640x480).jpg
    Engine (640x480).jpg
    251.9 KB · Views: 40
  • IMG_0015 (465x640).jpg
    IMG_0015 (465x640).jpg
    197.2 KB · Views: 35
  • IMG_0016 (480x640).jpg
    IMG_0016 (480x640).jpg
    202.7 KB · Views: 31
  • IMG_0313 (640x467).jpg
    IMG_0313 (640x467).jpg
    185.9 KB · Views: 34
Last edited:
Re: 2000 VMAX in Iowa

I'd say that's a fair price, you have some good practical accessories, and you didn't mention the taillight. I wish mine was that clean overall.

A UFO 4/1 for sound & power, Maxgasser for comfort, Cycle-istic for the passenger & loads, a good windshield for weather, and an overall well-maintained bike, from the looks. You should be able to move that. Wasn't someone in IA or ID looking for a bike recently? This is a good candidate.

Thanks FM, I forgot the LED taillight I added last summer, appreciate the comments

Sold it tonight to an Urbandale Fire Fighter, can't think of a better person to enjoy it as much as I have. Hate to see it go but I know there will be a VMAX in the garage in the future.

Back