• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to VMAX Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

2001 VMAX - Seattle

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Glen007

Reaction score
I have a 2001 VMax that I'll be posting for sale on various sites but thought I'd post here first. The bike runs great with one exception - when sitting in traffic on a hot day the bike warms fast (more than usual) and it begins to idle very rough. Other than that the bike looks great and runs great. 36,000 miles.
-SuperTrapp exhaust
-Corbin seat with removable backrest
-Braced swingarm (by Morley)
-Radial conversion with new rubber (Kosman)
-Race Tech Gold Valves with Race Tech Springs up front
-Progressive 440 Rear suspension
-Venture Differential (still have VMAX differential too)
-lots of little extras

Asking 4k. I'll post some pictures if there's any interest. I love this bike but since having our first child I've been riding it less and less.

Sorry, I'm going to keep the bike complete for now. I'm going to bring the bike into my mechanic next week to have the rough idle when hot issue addressed.

Sorry, I'm going to keep the bike complete for now. I'm going to bring the bike into my mechanic next week to have the rough idle when hot issue addressed.

That sounds like it might be expensive!
I had the same problem a few years ago - turned out to be the battery beginning to fail - it couldn't supply enough voltage to the ignition box during low revs/fan on situations.
If you remove your battery, most auto parts retailers will load-test it for free.
Cheers, good luck with selling your bike.

Back