2018 Vmax 1700 Stalling Issue

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rarlord

Reaction score
i was driving up to an intersection and slowing down when my engine died for no reason. After coming to a stop I restarted the bike with no issues. Has anyone experienced this problem?

My dream bike is freaking me out

Sync. The throttle bodys. Had to do it on my 18. How many miles? I had sync. Mine with 50 miles on it. I got them as closer as I could, but I just checked then again with over 4,000 miles, and got them spot on. I don't think they check them at the dealer. It would stall at every stop I came to, and pissed me off when it stalled while I was moving, almost led to downed bike. If it still does it after that, check the red kill switch on the right hand grip.

Thanks so much for the reply, it downed my bike with 300 miles on it and here I thought it was my mistake with the clutch. $4100 in damage. Got the bike back now has 379 miles on it. This is weird stuff. So the dealership knows to do this procedure as far as synchronizing the throttle when describing the occurrence?

Thanks so much for the reply, it downed my bike with 300 miles on it and here I thought it was my mistake with the clutch. $4100 in damage. Got the bike back now has 379 miles on it. This is weird stuff. So the dealership knows to do this procedure as far as synchronizing the throttle when describing the occurrence?

Most likely you'll have to tell them you want it done. I'm sure they will test ride it to see if they can get it to do it, and then they'll test a bunch of stuff and rack up your bill. It was the first thing I did when it started stalling on me. They were way off, I'm surprised it ran.

I doubt very much that they will be able to duplicate the issue as well. Luckily it’s still under warranty. I forgot it’s a 2019 getting old makes for forgetful minds I guess. But your info will definitely be useful taking it in tomorrow. This is a great forum. Very much appreciate your advice.

I doubt very much that they will be able to duplicate the issue as well. Luckily it’s still under warranty. I forgot it’s a 2019 getting old makes for forgetful minds I guess. But your info will definitely be useful taking it in tomorrow. This is a great forum. Very much appreciate your advice.

18,19,20 all the same. 09 and up are all the same, just different colors. Let us know what you/they find. Put a conclusion on this thread, might help somebody else one day.

Had the same exact problem with mine off the showroom floor. They couldn’t figure it out until I looked thru this forum and found that same helpful info... have them sync the throttle bodies and you should be golden. Fixed all my issues and made the throttle/shifting way smoother. And it was free.

I just left the dealership they pretty much talked me out of leaving it there even though it’s still under warranty. Since it’s only done it once they didn’t want to rip into it and Yamaha not cover it. Guess I’ll wait til it does it again and under what conditions then take it back again. Nightmare, but at least I Know what it really is based on the helpful info you guys provided

Sync. The throttle bodys. Can anyone explain how this is done. (maybe itgoes) lol. Would the throttle bodys be sync by vacuum setting? And if so what tools do you need to check and set them.

1. 1929fordtudor, Today at 12:33 PMReport
    LikeReply

2. Today at 12:52 PM#4
    Itgoes

Well-Known MemberSupporting Member
    New

I’m not sure if the ECU has been reflashed. How can I tell?
    I did take it to the shop and had it dyno tuned. He did make some adjustments to the fuel settings he told me. It was popping on deceleration pretty bad before and this helped. I did have the problem before I took it in.
    From what I’ve read on here it seems like the factory didn’t do a very good job syncing the throttle bodies. I’ve rebuilt and synced my carbureted vmaxs numerous times but have never messed with throttle bodies. My first FI bike. Time to do some research and figure out how to do the sync.
    Thanks for your advice
    Same exact procedure with TB's. 4 ports to connect sync tool and 4 screws to adjust. There is 1 screw that is marked in red. They recommend not adjusting that one - it is the reference body, just adjust the other 3.

"The Future is Unwritten"

7.jpg

Back