2019 is out

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sounds like that's the way I'm going. Can't thank you enough for all the information. I'll let you know how it goes.

Thanks buddy,

Steve R.

Drum Dog:

Thank you for the information. That sounds like the way to go on the warranty. Like you I want the confidence to know I have Yamaha behind my bike.
What do you think about the 240 rear tire. What options, if any, do you prefer.

Thanks Very Much
Steve18643
I don't know much about the 240 rear. I think it is mostly for looks and I prefer to keep mine stock. It handles pretty good stock is and a 240 can only make it worse I would think.

Where are you guys seeing Yamaha discontinued the Vmax? I hear this every year is it official?

The Hanover Powersports dealer in Hanover NJ told me that yesterday.
It may be true but I want to see a official announcement by Yamaha. If you google it there is a bunch of people saying it is discontinued but that was back in 2017. If it is true I'm glad to own the final year.
Good luck with your decision .

I bought a brand new 2018 last year and paid $16,300 plus all other fees. At the end of the day, I paid like $18,500 OTD with a 5 year warranty. $15k is the best I have heard price was and Im a very good negotiator. I wound up changing the seat, horn and added the backrest. What really pushed me to the VMax last year was the fact the blacked it out and it looks absolutely awesome. I had a Suzuki M109R and it doesnt touch this bike.

It may be true but I want to see a official announcement by Yamaha. If you google it there is a bunch of people saying it is discontinued but that was back in 2017. If it is true I'm glad to own the final year.
Good luck with your decision .

Somebody on the star vmax forum posted up an announcement from Yamaha about the discontinuation of the vmax, it's in Japanese though. But most phones will translate it. Also why the same color is being used on the 18&19 vmax. They usually change colors from year to year. Now it's while supplies last until they are sold out. And they won't bring it back because of low sales numbers. Too much for R&D, and re-tooling.

https://www.yamaha-motor.co.jp/mc/lineup/vmax/

Here's that link, you'll have to translate it to Engrish,

Here is how it translated. I did not see anything about discontinuing.

• home
  • Recall information
  • Inquiry · Product support
  • Company site
  • rwd_icon_search.svg
About purchasing VMAX

After buying VMAX, we offer a variety of services that deliver comfort and peace of mind to our customers.

Aiming to further increase the charm of VMAX, to enjoy it for a long time and deeply

VMAX dealer
You can purchase it at "VMAX dealer shop" nationwide with sufficient knowledge and technology for VMAX so that customers can stay with VMAX securely and comfortably.

The VMAX owner can receive uniform quality service at any VMAX dealer nationwide.
Please drop in at a "VMAX dealer" near you when the residence changes due to relocation.

Find a VMAX dealer
To VMAX owners
Deliver three relief to customers who purchased VMAX.

The contents are "3 Years Maintenance Package", "3 Years Distance Unlimited Loading Service", "Theft Insurance (1 Year)".

※ From March 1, 2010.

3 year maintenance package
You can check each periodic inspection for the first time (1000 km or 1 month) / 12 months / 36 month month for free. Fats and oils and labor used for inspection are also free.

* Consumable goods fee · Exchange fee and handling fee will be borne by the customer.

Legal inspection and maintenance and regular replacement parts
Initial inspection 12 months 24 months 36 months?
(Before vehicle inspection)
Engine oil change
oil ● ● ● ●
Oil element ● ●
Drain washer ● ● ● ●
Front and rear brake oil change oil
Change clutch oil Clutch oil
Gear oil change Drive shaft oil ● ●
* Please be aware that expenses other than the above-mentioned designated inspection and maintenance and periodic replacement parts will be borne separately.
● Fats and oils will be Yamaha genuine designated oil.

3 years distance unlimited loading service
If it is within the period 24 hours 365 days, you can use the free load service regardless of the distance.

※ The gasoline fee at the time of toll road fee / gas deficit correspondence will be borne separately.

Flow of load service

※ Parts fee for repair, toll road fee, transport fee and other charges will be actual expenses, so please be forewarned.
Please check the load service provision for details.

Theft insurance
If VMAX is stolen within one year from the date of registration, we will offer a new car.

※ The deductible amount (15% of the selling price of the vehicle body) and the burden of various expenses are required. For details including other insurance contents please check with the theft insurance policy.

To Page

They may have taken it down, the thread I got it from is around a year old. I'd say with all this "Yamaha is discontinuing the Vmax" that if it wasn't true Yamaha would said something about it. But it is strange that Yamaha Motorsports themselves haven't said anything, or at least it doesn't pop up in a Google search. But there are a few different sites saying the same. Maybe Yamaha doesn't want it publicized, hard to say. It's a rare, and very unusual motorcycle that not allot of people know or fully understand what it is. It's a unicorn in a way. It's got a fan base, and a cult following. Only popular among enthusiasts. So it may not be a big deal to the "public" because they have no idea, and just don't care. So it's probably very low key that Yamaha discontinued the vmax.

Thanks for the pics. I did find one and went and looked at it Saturday. I agree better in person. I made a offer on it and they countered and I declined. I'm not done yet I have another offer for them and I'm hoping since it snowed yesterday and is only 22 degrees out right now it will help them decide to let it go so they don't have to sit on it all winter. If that don't work I have a local dealer that I might be able to work with on a 2019.
I'm curious what you paid for yours if you don't mind sharing.
New to the forum I just bought a 2019 yesterday paid 16,750 not including tax and title .

New to the forum I just bought a 2019 yesterday paid 16,750 not including tax and title .

Awesome..... congrats! You are in for a shit load of fun!

Enjoy and be safe. If you have any questions shoot, we've got answers.

Mark

Im right behind you. listed 15,600 another another place 15,400 the rest 18k. Its 1K+ miles away. will fly down to pick up and ride her home. Im drooling as I type. I think there is something right about the 2K discount and black for the last two years.... But still not convince shes discontinue, as its been going on for about 3-4 years and im still not reading anything. Another thing I find strange no article magazine review on the bike for several years. I have no idea whats new for the 2019 or 2018 or 2017...

Hi all, I am new to the forum. Purchased this beast last week. Its a euro vmax m/y 2016. 3200 kms on the clock. 60th year color scheme only for euro bikes. I am lucky since the first owner installed some oem goodies incl 240 kit back in 2016. So far everything feels perfect. Its a torque machine. Every gear pulls like locomotive. By the way I live in Istanbul Turkey.

Attachments

• 23D53C92-0C31-43BB-8D1C-D40326CD68F3.jpeg
    23D53C92-0C31-43BB-8D1C-D40326CD68F3.jpeg
    311.4 KB · Views: 49
  • 1E46004D-B788-463D-854F-EBC61B019C10.jpeg
    1E46004D-B788-463D-854F-EBC61B019C10.jpeg
    180.5 KB · Views: 51
  • E23E271B-6F20-459D-8E39-0E06E3543F3A.jpeg
    E23E271B-6F20-459D-8E39-0E06E3543F3A.jpeg
    299.6 KB · Views: 44
  • 4A4E4D19-FEAB-438B-8F8E-529D9C0398FC.jpeg
    4A4E4D19-FEAB-438B-8F8E-529D9C0398FC.jpeg
    298.3 KB · Views: 49
  • 609E584C-0666-4B92-806B-801E01190B44.jpeg
    609E584C-0666-4B92-806B-801E01190B44.jpeg
    331.1 KB · Views: 45
  • 1821675C-0E0B-46CE-AEE7-1AFF8FC1A797.jpeg
    1821675C-0E0B-46CE-AEE7-1AFF8FC1A797.jpeg
    116 KB · Views: 45
Hi all, I am new to the forum. Purchased this beast last week. Its a euro vmax m/y 2016. 3200 kms on the clock. 60th year color scheme only for euro bikes. I am lucky since the first owner installed some oem goodies incl 240 kit back in 2016. So far everything feels perfect. Its a torque machine. Every gear pulls like locomotive. By the way I live in Istanbul Turkey.

Very Nice, Congradulations.

Congrats on the 60th! I gave up looking for the 60th anniversary, would have had it shipped to the states. I also prefer the Yamaha badge on the air scoops, instead of the tuning forks, they should leave that for their musical instruments.

Back