3” swingarm install question

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LoganG1k

Reaction score
I’m trying to install Sean’s 3” extended swingarm and I’m having trouble getting the driveshaft extension installed correctly. It’s been a few years since I started working on this because of a new baby and working all the time. I don’t think the extension is seated all of the way. But without a bfh idk how to get it in anymore and I’m afraid to really wack it. If I tighten the nuts down it doesn’t feel like the driveshaft turns freely. Any suggestions?

Email me and grab a picture of the extension installed on the shaft. You can knock the extension on the shaft (sometimes they are a tight fit). Do that on the bench with the stock shaft tail end flat on the table/ground/vice.

It’s been 2-3 years since I’ve messed with it. I think I attempted to hit it with a small hammer and bearing driver. I might have trouble pulling it. Any suggestions on removing it. I think I’m in a middle ground where I’m uncomfortable really pounding it in but I’m going to have a hard time removing it.

You should be able to get it out without too much trouble BUT, try prying on the lip of the shaft sticking out of the arm. If the front end sticks in the yoke you would have to get the swingarm back off to get ahold of it.

You should be able to get it out without too much trouble BUT, try prying on the lip of the shaft sticking out of the arm. If the front end sticks in the yoke you would have to get the swingarm back off to get ahold of it.
Looks seated to me

Attachments

• 28834866-3557-4866-9843-258FFED020DB.jpeg
    28834866-3557-4866-9843-258FFED020DB.jpeg
    67.6 KB · Views: 26
  • 1B02FC52-2EB6-4493-ADB8-51FDB53FFD41.jpeg
    1B02FC52-2EB6-4493-ADB8-51FDB53FFD41.jpeg
    48.4 KB · Views: 26
Back