34 Months.

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bill Seward

Reaction score
Living up here in snowy (so they say..) Western New York, we get used to laying our bikes up for the winter months.. Well, I've been able to sneak a ride or two through the winters - not on Godzilla, but on the Roadstar. I got my December ride in last Sunday, and the streak now stands at 34 months. Hopefully I can get a ride in during January and February to extend it to a solid 3 years.

Full disclosure: For the sake of this streak, I consider a "ride" to be at minimum 3 miles, and running the bike at 50 mph or more in top gear. (except last fall/winter when 5th gear shift dogs were blown in the transmission - then I counted 4th gear as top, but still did the 50mph and 3 miles. The bike was in the shop from the middle of January, after the ride for that month, to late February, and I rode it home when it was done.

Got a chilly January ride in today. The Roadstar was a bit finicky when I tried to start it, but when it ran a minute or two it warmed up and was fine. Got a good 7 or 8 miles in, and the streak now is 35 months in a row.

What kind of temp today? If it's below freezing, I don't believe I would run summer weight oil, I'd use 0 weight I think. I've read most of an engine's wear occurs before it's at normal operating temperature.

With your VMax car snow tire, don't forget the tungsten studs.

Single digit temps here today. Supposed to "warm up" to 14F.
I called all the crews off. Too cold to climb hundreds of feet in the air. Yes, it can be done but, no need. It will be mid 20's+ by 11AM tomorrow.

February 4th. A balmy 58 degrees here in Holland New York. I got the Roadstar out for a 20 mile run this morning. The streak continues, and is now up to 36 months.

March 2nd. The Roadstar had a sketchy unreliable fuel pump. I checked operation yesterday, and it didn't work... I have a brand new pump on hand, so I checked my wiring to the pump to be sure there wasn't a problem there (I added a fuel pump relay last fall to be certain I was getting juice to the pump, and everything was OK after checking it.). I changed out the pump - all works well now, but I just HAD to take it out for a run. 35 degrees, cold but rideable.

The streak continues. 37 months.

47 months. 62° here in Holland NY. I got a nice 10 miler in just now. The Roadstar is sitting on the Battery Tender waiting for next months ride.

We had a cold streak the last couple of weeks, but today is sunny and 45 degrees, so I took the opportunity and got about 7 miles on the Roadstar. 48 months. The streak continues...

Back