38 Slow Jets

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cyclejohn

Reaction score
40 Pilot Jets

Just wondering if anyone has tried 40 pilot jets and if so the outcome. I've searched all the forums and can't find any relative information that way. Just trying to educate myself about Vmax carbs from your collective knowledge. Thanks, John

Last edited:
I'm assuming you mean pilot fuel jets? Stocks are 37.5 and the next size up is 40.

That's what I meant. Has anyone tried 40 pilot jets? I still had it on my mind the work I just completed on a friends 750 Vulcan. Thanks, John

I know of a copule that tried it and liked it. Both of them only had their mixture screws 1.5 turns out max. I thought about trying those myself. A friend gave me 42.5's but I think they will be way too rich.

Dave, Vmax626, and I just put some 42.5s in his bike. He said it completely got rid of his lean popping on decel.

I am going to put some in my bike over the weekend and see how it goes.

Dave, Vmax626, and I just put some 42.5s in his bike. He said it completely got rid of his lean popping on decel.

I am going to put some in my bike over the weekend and see how it goes.

Fargo/Dave, is Dave's bike a 1200 or 1300 like yours Fargo? What are the current settings. I might be willing to try it but am concerned over mpg's.

Thanks brothers!

Fargo/Dave, is Dave's bike a 1200 or 1300 like yours Fargo? What are the current settings. I might be willing to try it but am concerned over mpg's.

Thanks brothers!

Mark
Daves bike is stock.
After putting on a full header and muscle kit he had the lean fires awfully bad.
I had ordered a set of 42.5s for me so I got an extra set to try on his bike as well.
Plus the 40s that were in there were the wrong ones so we just put the 42.5s in for him and set his floats.
I cant imagine the slow jets having that big of an effect on mileage. They really arent that much in play when the bike is in the midrange.
I just put mine in and Dave is bringing my sync tool back tomorrow so I will let you know how it goes.

Well 2 for 2
Did Daves and it was awesome
Did mine and it is awesome

BTW. I cant be 100% positive but I think float levels will drift a bit over time. Not sure how :confused2:

When I changed my jets to the 42.5 I checked all my float levels and they were all off from the last time I set them using the dry bench method.
Kind of strange :ummm:

Yesterday when I brought the synch tool to Fargo,
I ran out of fuel at bout 9 miles from his house so, I put in 3.97 gallons and then when I got there, we synched his carbs and went for a ride.
My screws are at 3 1/4 turns out and at 94 miles I put fuel in (I didn`t have to but there are no fuel stations on the toll road ) I had only burned 2.7 gals. of fuel (I could have made it home) so, I figure that I`m now getting bout 32-35 miles per gal. hwy. :eusa_dance:
Not too bad I think so for a stock bike with pipes and a muscle kit.:biglaugh::biglaugh:
<<Dave>>:punk:

Yeah my mileage hasnt changed either.
32 highway with a heavy right wrist.

It is much more fun to ride now. Before you had to "know" how to work the throttle and now it just responds like it supposed to :eusa_dance::eusa_dance::biglaugh::biglaugh::punk::punk:

Hey Mark, I know what happened,
The monkey sent them to Fargo and Fargo gave them to me.
GOOD MONKEY.:rofl_200::rofl_200::rofl_200::rofl_200::rofl_200::rofl_200:.
<<Dave>:punk:

Latest posts

Back