4-2-1 to blame?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ImCannibal

Reaction score
After the recent install of the marks 4-2-1 setup, I've noticed the Max getting hot way faster than it used to, and I'm getting a lot of crackling after it gets up to operating temp. Seems like I might be running a bit lean once it warms up. Time for a rejet?

I'm far from an expert but I know when Kyle swapped my stock exhaust for Marks 4:2 he also synced the carbs (it popped a bit fresh after install on firing however after syncing it was music to my ears). Since it is a full exhaust system it makes sense that retuning some of the complimentary systems would bring it into line with the rest of the system.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

I think that thread will tell you a shim
on your needle will help get you closer to what you need and maybe a little A/F mixture screw adjustment but I wouldn't go a full turn adjustment at once. Maybe a half turn and I 'be had bikes where that was too much and bikes that it didn't seem to matter. Just don't make too many changes at once that way you know if your last single change did anything either good or bad!

After the recent install of the marks 4-2-1 setup, I've noticed the Max getting hot way faster than it used to, and I'm getting a lot of crackling after it gets up to operating temp. Seems like I might be running a bit lean once it warms up. Time for a rejet?

Now it is time for a rejet....usually with a 4-1....you drop a couple of sizes to a 147.5....and them shim the needles about 30 thousands.

I'll give you two guesses and the first one doesn't count. =)

Well probably Sean, or somewhere on the internet. I've gone through 6sigma for jets before and it's a pretty reliable website. But recommendations are always welcome.

Sean, if you weren't so far away I would just pay you in guns to set up my Max for me haha.

Back