500 miles today

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bciuc

Reaction score
rode about 500 miles today, max not real comfotable on long rides,(thankgod for percocet, for my back} this is the longest i had rode on max, previously it was less than 100 miles, any suggestions on comfort, the seat has been scaloped and it has highway pegs

Shocks, Seat, Grips, Bars, Pegs, are just a few.

I'm a hell of alot more comfortable after changing my bars. I'm sending my seat off to be re-worked after the new year.

Changing my riding position has helped my back 200%

rode about 500 miles today, max not real comfotable on long rides,(thankgod for percocet, for my back} this is the longest i had rode on max, previously it was less than 100 miles, any suggestions on comfort, the seat has been scaloped and it has highway pegs

Not comfortable how??

back legs ass arms :confused2:

I have ridden 300-350 miles in a day, just my knees were a little sore near the end, but I am 6ft 7

Trying to make my Max more comfortable I've lowered the pegs, tried a Corbin seat (went back to the stock seat), hiway pegs,and strangly enough the one thing that made the biggest difference was when I changed the bar. I got one of the bars that are identical to the factory bar, but 2" wider. After installing that bar everything else sort of fell into place, and now the bike is very comfortable to ride. About the longest ride so far was a 300 mile round trip I mad a few weeks ago. Of course having to stop every 100 miles for fuel help quite a bit as I get a chance to stretch.

-MikeS

I dont think anything will ever be more comfortable than my 1983 Honda V-65 Magna. Passenger too.

Awaiting my new 2009 for eval.

IMO the cheapest route here is prolly more percocet!! :biglaugh:

when i got my 06 new about 200 miles was all i could do, my ass would be killing me, after i put the corbin seat on i can do 400 a day just fine. dave

500 miles is a long day on any bike! The best thing to avoid fatigue is to take lots of breaks and break the wind with a shield. Thats why I have a GL 1800 for long trips. I have found that if I run about 80mph on the Vmax and lean into the wind just right I can float and relax my arms a little. :clapping:

I dont think anything will ever be more comfortable than my 1983 Honda V-65 Magna. Passenger too.

Hello fellow Vmaxer,
Just browsing thru the old posts and came upon this one.
I agree with you!
I had an 85 V65 and altho I LOVE my Vmax I must say that the V65 was WAY more comfortable and it handled incredibly better in the twisties. The V65 was simply much more fun to ride. If only it did not have it's top end oil issues I would gladly trade my Vmax for the V65.
Hmmm, I just looked at my Vmax and damn that is one kick ass killer looking machine and at age 60 it snarls when I twist the right hand just like I like it. It's a keeper! :biglaugh:

Lee Wells (Sirpeasant on this forum)

Back