700 miles on maxgasser.

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ebein_486

Reaction score
I was dreading the ride out to the 2011 Michigan VMOA get together in Three Rivers until Rick told me he could get the MaxGasser demo to me the Tuesday or Wendsday before the event.

Rick told me to ignore all the flaws in the demo seat, so when I opened the box I was expecting a mishappen, beat up mess of a seat... I still cant figure out what flaws he was talking about, the seat is beautiful, black with blue stitching. My wife after seeing the seat on the bike said I should go with a blue/silver paint theme instead of the black/green Ive been pondering.

Installation was simple, took more time to unbox it than it took to install it.

I took the bike out for a 100 mile run the day the seat showed up, got home and was in no pain.

Loaded up backpack for Friday run to Three Rivers, stoped to gas up and realized the only headache with the maxgasser design is if your carrying stuff strapped on the seat, you have to unload and reload at each fill up.

Made good time to Kalamazoo, checked into my hotel, still no pain. Hopped on the max and made the rest of the drive to Three rivers. Still no pain. Wait till tommorrow I was thinking, Im sure to be sore after close to 200 miles straight.

Woke up the next morning. I was sore, not my ass, my hand was sore ( no throttle lock... adding to list of soon must haves before next trip ).

We rode a good portion of the day saturday, still not sore saturday night.

Sunday started riding home, stoped at Biker Bobs in detroit to watch my wife finish her Riders Edge course ( H-D & MSF approved motorcycle safety course ). Gassed up and finished my ride home. Still not sore.

Awesome Seat Rick. My throttle hand is sore, and my lower legs are sore, I could have fixed both of those with a throttle lock and some highway pegs. Both are on the pre-trip mod list, after the new tires and a MaxGasser seat!

Im glad you liked it:clapping:,and with the crash bars as a foot rest ,you'll like it even more:biglaugh:.( thats got to be a record for a "demo" seat.)

I was dreading the ride out to the 2011 Michigan VMOA get together in Three Rivers until Rick told me he could get the MaxGasser demo to me the Tuesday or Wendsday before the event.

Rick told me to ignore all the flaws in the demo seat, so when I opened the box I was expecting a mishappen, beat up mess of a seat... I still cant figure out what flaws he was talking about, the seat is beautiful, black with blue stitching. My wife after seeing the seat on the bike said I should go with a blue/silver paint theme instead of the black/green Ive been pondering.

Installation was simple, took more time to unbox it than it took to install it.

I took the bike out for a 100 mile run the day the seat showed up, got home and was in no pain.

Loaded up backpack for Friday run to Three Rivers, stoped to gas up and realized the only headache with the maxgasser design is if your carrying stuff strapped on the seat, you have to unload and reload at each fill up.

Made good time to Kalamazoo, checked into my hotel, still no pain. Hopped on the max and made the rest of the drive to Three rivers. Still no pain. Wait till tommorrow I was thinking, Im sure to be sore after close to 200 miles straight.

Woke up the next morning. I was sore, not my ass, my hand was sore ( no throttle lock... adding to list of soon must haves before next trip ).

We rode a good portion of the day saturday, still not sore saturday night.

Sunday started riding home, stoped at Biker Bobs in detroit to watch my wife finish her Riders Edge course ( H-D & MSF approved motorcycle safety course ). Gassed up and finished my ride home. Still not sore.

Awesome Seat Rick. My throttle hand is sore, and my lower legs are sore, I could have fixed both of those with a throttle lock and some highway pegs. Both are on the pre-trip mod list, after the new tires and a MaxGasser seat!

My neck and wrist were the only things sore on my last long trip. i'm getting a Go Cruise for the wrist but is there anything that can be done for neck soreness prevention?

My neck and wrist were the only things sore on my last long trip. i'm getting a Go Cruise for the wrist but is there anything that can be done for neck soreness prevention?
Lighter weight helmet and/ or windshield would be my suggestions. My early June trip that covered 1200 miles (first long trip of the year) I had a stiff neck after the first day that covered 500 miles.. It went away by the next day.
Later in the June I rode to Somereset, PA. and back for Thunder in the Valley (2600 miles over 7 days) without issue.

Alright, my turn to chime in on this subject. People that know me, know that I have a herniated disk in my lower back, so I have been seeking a comfortable seat for the last few years. I cut down my stock seat, bought a Corbin and last year, I bought a Maxgasser seat from Rick.

Now with over 5,000kms logged this year, I have to say that, the Maxgasser seat is a blessing to my poor old back. It is one very comfy seat indeed!

Also worth noting, I have had a lot of positive comments on how nice the seat looks on the bike. It flows with the lines of the bike.

Thanks Rick and keep up the good work Brother!

Mike

all second everything about the maxgasser. i finally got mine in last week and as i havent takin in on long ride yet but the in town stuff is awesome. i have a loaner on the other bike and love it. i know what you mean about the loaner seat looks perfect but wait til you get the seat rick makes for your bike..,..... its even more perfect, i was floored at his craftsmanship and attention to detail.

like i said great job rick.

Latest posts

Back