a decade worth of crap

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

betts

Reaction score
i have a vmax i just picked up, it was in storage for a decade. i took the carbs off after seeing what was in the tank. i just want to set them up as per oem. until i know the beast is going to come to life i don't want to spend too much money. anythng in particular i shoud be looking for? any warnings about disassembly? spent my years working on inline fours so the max is a little different

cheers
betts

nothing much special for it then any other vehicle you would let sit. Drain and change everything. The carbs are going to be your toughest fix (besides trying to get the tank clean).

Sean

tank is done!! change what exactly? i just want to get it running, then i'll pull it completely apart to paint frame, change front end, jet kit,...etc. i can't have a stock bike, it would look outta place in my garage, ;)

Change all fluids. Look over brake pads to ensure they aren't disentegrating. Typical cleaning.

Sean

anyone know where i can get some diaphrams for the carbs? local yamaha dealer still hasn't called me back. if there going to be super expensive i may just look for a used set of carbs with a jet kit already in it

try bikebandit? theres where i get my OEM parts a lot of times. fuck the locals if they won't do it.

u can also get 20% over cost at mccoy, call gary. its in the VMF links

I've got a set of 4 on hand but they are $100 each!!! I do have a few sets of carbs but they would cost a little more then that (of course we could setup a jet kit in them while they are here).

Sean

ya they are damn expensive! shoot me a pm on a set with and with out a jet kit, and we'll go from there

Latest posts

Back