Advice please

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aitchy

Reaction score
Hi all in a week or 2 i will be putting my max up for sale was just wondering what i could expect to get for it. Heres some brief details D plated low miles 12500 3 owners from new last one was my late brother some sensible mods yamaha sissy bar crome teardrop mirrows bellypan diff front mudgaurd slashcuts the bike has been stood for a while but spent a small fortune getting back to running order carbs sorted £500 ..brakes done its had 2 new tyers a while back done about 30 miles on them oil changed fluieds changed new plugs new battery bike starts first time its a little bit rough for a few secs think it needs a really good run out it was painted met red about 10 years ago its still looks really well but got a couple of very small chips the brake calipers were painted gold but some paint flaking away plus a bit of paint coming of the engine i would say the bike it 90% mint all the alloy wheels ect are like new i will email pics if anyone has a interest in her still got some orignal parts exh. centerstand thanks for any replays i am based in cheshire in the uk

You probably aren't going to be happy to hear this, but the bottom line is that unless your bike can display clean looks and runs well, an informed knowlegable buyer isn't gonna pony-up big bucks for it as you describe it. You should use your local resources to see what the bikes are selling for in your area. Here in FL may be very different from your area, but I would expect to see a price -sold for here of around $2K-2.5K and maybe less than that.

If you spent $500+ on the carbs and it still runs poorly, assuming the carbs were done correctly (were they synchronized on the bike after the rebuild?) then you may not even get $2K.

You have some extras but the running and appearance issues will be to the benefit of the savvy potential buyer.

what year bike? never mind , I see you have an 86. I'm with the Medic. unless being in the UK makes difference

i bought a 97 with some aftermarket mods, plus i got all the oem parts, had 11,000 miles and a leaky carb. leaking fuel from the overlflow tube above the left scoop. seller had it for $2,500 firm, he said if it wasn't for the carb. leaking it was gonna be $3,000 firm...... the bikes have a big reputation, but unless they are basically show room condition they don't fetch more than $3,000 here in UPSTATE NY..... i see a few for $4,000...... the dealers seam to sell them round $5,000 or so depending on year. we have a very reputable dealer in watkins, they had an 85 that they completely refreshened the motor, new gaskets, carb. rebuild, the works, and they had a 5g price.... can't remember the mileage though.... thats when i fell in love with the vmax, i swear it had vance and hines cans on it, sounded mean!!

Need pictures to make a good assessment, and I'd say in the UK market, probably worth double of what they are over here.

Latest posts

Back