Age of Vmax owners

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
37 here, and my first bike was a Ninja 250, then a 74 Honda XL125, a Suzuki DR650, and finally got my dream bike about a month ago. Love my Vmax, even if I had to install a big windshield and backrest for my long trips on the highway to be comfortable. Still like how my '02 Max looks better than any bike out there.

here is the current distribution based on information that members have furnished

Attachments

• distribution.JPG
    distribution.JPG
    39.5 KB · Views: 130
here is the current distribution based on information that members have furnished

Ninja,
You got way too much time on your hands appearantly......cool charts and spinning picture thingys....keep it up.....:worthy:

Put me down for 47.......looks like i'm right in the average.......
1st bike: 82 Suzook GS100
2nd bike: 1986 Vmax (new)
3rd bike: 1995 Vmax (2nd hand/current)

i`m 57,
ride the Max since 7 years
Had a Kawasaki LTD 1000,

Start biking with Kawasaki H1 (500cc)1971 in the 74
Then put a H2 motor (750cc) on H1 frame ,,,,creaaaaaasy

48 here- I have owned lots of bikes, but this is the one I always wanted. 2007 max!!

I'm 44, first bike was a honda minitrail 50 when I was 5, then a 750 maxim in high school, now, finally a 96 Max. What a blast.

I'm 21, been riding dirtbike and fourwheelers since I was 5, got my first streetbike (Suzuki Bandit 600) at 17, then got my R1 last August. And I should have my Vmax within the next few weeks

My first bike was a 1967 yamaha twin jet 100...lol....14 years old...man i thought it was a big bike....

53 , i been riding most of my life. Couple of months ago i bought my first 00 vmax, last six years been riding royal star venture. Now when i ride with wife i take the venture and when i ride with harley guys i take the vmax,,lol

38 here. Bought my 89 9 years ago and have probably had 10 bikes not including dirt bikes since age 10....I love my max...no motorcycle quite like it

dad is 60 he bought his 85 vmax in 1986 and still rides even though he lost half of his leg when a 90 year old lady hit him driving a buick...I'm 21 and he sucks with computers so I'm on here looking for some stuff haha i work on the bike and have been taking care of it for about 4 years now but nothing serious just keeping the fluids clean and keeping it running smooth never have much problems with it... been riding it since i was 16 and the other day my brother wrecked it so now I'm looking for parts. any suggestion on where to buy new oem parts? like a genuine discount store? thanks, phillip

47,first bike was a DT100 that I rode illegally on the street from age thirteen to sixteen(1980).Went without a bike til '85.My dad's best friend owned the local Yamaha shop and tried to talk me into the then new Vmax(would've killed for it......literally),but had to settle for a '81 XS400 which I rode for 5 years.Bought a XJ750 Seca in 1997(still couldn't afford a Max...lol).Rode that 'til 2006 when out of nowhere my daughter bought me a 1992 Vmax.As far as my Max is concerned I'll tell you what I tell everybody who ask about it,it doesn't handle very good ,doesn't get very good mileage and roast my legs after about 20 minutes and I'm never effing selling it!

Attachments

• 100_5538.jpg
    100_5538.jpg
    78.1 KB · Views: 19
  • 100_5542.jpg
    100_5542.jpg
    104.5 KB · Views: 24
Nice looking bike!.......Get your Max stock or modded?..........1/4 mile times?....................Tom.

It was bone stock when I got it.Never had it on the strip,it's a street bike.

zanotti and ronayers are the cheapest i've found

I'm just curious of why you picked Zanotti's ( it's a local dealer just north of Pgh ) from all the way down in Fla. I've bought a few oem gaskets from them but mostly just because of convienence. I can't imagine them being great for prices seeing that their mainly a Harley dealer. They do sell some Yamaha but not much.:ummm:

62 and counting, well not really anymore. I go with, you're as young as you feel, these days, and as long as I can ride I'll continue to feel younger.
Been riding bikes since 14 and have owned more than a few. Waited two years for my 85 to come up for sale. Have had it for about 5 years now. Probably paid too much for it and spent too much on it but it's all about the SMILE FACTOR, right. My wife also has her own bike so there's never a problem of having to make up some lame excuse to go out for a ride, and I don't mind having to wait while she catches up, some time. We have pretty much become fair weather riders but when the fair weather comes we park the car and run the bikes pretty much everyday.
Be safe out there.

Later.

Back