Air Box???

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ride314

Reaction score
How many of you have completely gotten rid of the air box?? How do you like it and what do you do with the vent tubes that bolt to the air box?? Did you change the jetting?

Thanks in advance....this forum rocks!!!!

Search in this section and you'll find plenty.

In short tho' to get rid of the air box involves some things called "air correctors" that are sold with a dyno-jet stage 7 kit. Without them the bike won't run for shit. I have no idea if they can be used with out all the other stage 7 jetting or not.
Oil control is usually accomplished by using one of the carb filters you'll have to buy to pull a vacuum on the PCV line you're are referring to.

Pull up the installation PDF for DynoJet stage 7 kit and you'll get the idea about oil control.

Sean Morely, banner at the top of this forum, makes a better alternative to this, but it retains the air box.

I've wondered about using the air correctors and non-stage 7 jetting myself, so I could ditch the box to make room for a bottle of giggle gas.

Stage 7 mileage sucks according to most people, I have no experience with it myself...

So.....don't do it!!! I don't want to mess with it that much. Thanks.

It's really not that hard to install air correctors. If I were you and you're looking for the best bang for the buck, I'd go with Morley's kit. It uses a modded air box cover with a flat pleated filter installed and you put in some stage 7 parts and the gain is worth it IMO. I get over 40mpg on my max and I dyno'd 124 at the wheel.

Chris

I'm thinking the Morley Muscle kit....however, I am going to leave it alone for a bit. I am building this bike almost from the ground up. It has not been on the road in almost 10 years and its almost ready to ride.

I will mess with it later. Thanks all!!!

And, I am scared!! I have been learning a lot of things the hard way...:bang head:.

Latest posts

Back