Air Filter

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Slacker

Reaction score
Dunno if theres another thread here on this site about this.... Just wanted to mention that I put in a Evoluzione air filter this morning, using the brkt. I did feel noticable extra pull. I was impressed, myself. You can sure hear the intake opening up too. I expect better mileage. Time will tell. Just wanted to pass it along.
BTW, Changing the air filter on the '09 isn't like popping the top on the old Max. I pulled around a dozen and a half screws and bolts.
Mark

did U remove the restrictor funnel while U were in there?? About 4rwhp to be gained without it...

Last edited:
I've tried it with and w/o. It seems to have better mid torque with it in. I also tried it w/ using the bracket, w/o the top cover, keeping in the funnel. This seems to give it the best mid range. To keep the top off, I'll have to make a bigger holding bracket. The evol filter's rubber is a bit more plyable than stock. After continuous heat, it seems to gap at the lower sides. Will probably make an upside down/ inverted, 'U' bracket. I can add a light grade sealant, if needed. Installing the filter this way seems to be the way to go. I'm going to do this and install FX's limiter bypass, then see what she does. Am still contemplating on the X pipe, and will probably move that way. I'll then have to be more careful in the cities, audio telegraph. :biglaugh:

I preformed the Evoluzione air filter mod and removed the top of the air box along with the restriction in the air box. Maybe it's just me but the bike felt quicker right up through the RPM range. The intake noise is much louder, I cant imagine what the Monster Big Air Velocity Stacks sound like:ummm: Did anyone have problems with the clamp to hold the filter? Mine seems a little small for the setup, it's just clamping the very top of the filter,It's holding but I'm uneasy with it function,(wouldn't want the filter to unseat) I think I'm going to make a larger clamp...

This is a mod I want to do. Did you have to change the fuelling after modding the airbox? Did it improve the fuel consumption?

This is a mod I want to do. Did you have to change the fuelling after modding the airbox? Did it improve the fuel consumption?

Hi Badger,
I didn't change the Fueling on mine, It ran great! Cant comment on the fuel consumption, I've notice the bike is a fuel Whore anyway :biglaugh:

...Mine seems a little small for the setup, it's just clamping the very top of the filter,It's holding but I'm uneasy with it function,(wouldn't want the filter to unseat) I think I'm going to make a larger clamp...
the filter was designed to be "self supporting" - the clamp is there in case of a back fire to keep the filter from blowing out. we've been running this setup for almost a year and never have had the filter loosen up.

I've tried it with and w/o. It seems to have better mid torque with it in. I also tried it w/ using the bracket, w/o the top cover, keeping in the funnel. This seems to give it the best mid range. To keep the top off, I'll have to make a bigger holding bracket. The evol filter's rubber is a bit more plyable than stock. After continuous heat, it seems to gap at the lower sides. Will probably make an upside down/ inverted, 'U' bracket. I can add a light grade sealant, if needed. Installing the filter this way seems to be the way to go...
are you installing the filter backward? the filter was designed to fit into the airbox opening after removing the funnel (in other words, you can't properly run our filter with the funnel installed).

Latest posts

Back