Air Horn

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Eezye

Reaction score
Has anyone placed an air horn on the vmax Gen II. I tried search but to no avail. I'm trying to find the right spot. not that easy as it was on my VTX.
E

Yes.

vmax big horn mod IMG_4351[1].jpg

vmax big horn mod IMG_4352[1].jpg

vmax big horn mod IMG_4417[1].jpg

I had a total hard drive failure on this computer, and now the folder showing my detailed bracket work for my installs on both Shala & my 09's is EMPTY. I did find these three pictures (not mine) showing the location of the Wolo style horns I installed, and also the bolt location I used to attach my brackets. Not an easy fit....and I've since burned out two horns, maybe due to excessive heat. On my third horn, I wrapped it in some aluminum backed house type duct thinsulation before bolting it to my bracket, and (knock on wood) it is lasting much longer than the first two. Shala has had no trouble with the 1st horn I installed on her bike, and I think it may be because of our different riding styles - mine being more aggressive, and possibly generating more heat under there...who knows. Maybe I just got bad horns to begin with.

Yes.

View attachment 51121

View attachment 51122

View attachment 51123

I had a total hard drive failure on this computer, and now the folder showing my detailed bracket work for my installs on both Shala & my 09's is EMPTY. I did find these three pictures (not mine) showing the location of the Wolo style horns I installed, and also the bolt location I used to attach my brackets. Not an easy fit....and I've since burned out two horns, maybe due to excessive heat. On my third horn, I wrapped it in some aluminum backed house type duct thinsulation before bolting it to my bracket, and (knock on wood) it is lasting much longer than the first two. Shala has had no trouble with the 1st horn I installed on her bike, and I think it may be because of our different riding styles - mine being more aggressive, and possibly generating more heat under there...who knows. Maybe I just got bad horns to begin with.
Thanks for the pics. I'll figure something out

Last edited:
Back