Air/Oil separator for STG 7 set-up

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tugla

Reaction score
Well started to get a bit of sludge crap passing through the stg 7 canister and into the carbs. So with the idea from another post to make my own, i ended up cutting open the K&N can and it is just a empty tube to try and condensate the oil/vapor and any water.

so this new one uses the stock pipes for the crank case and oil filler and also the pipes to the air filters. got a little non scratch pad inside to help separate the oil.

edit: i know pic suck, was just using my phone in the dark but you get the idea, plus i painted the black sections so now way too dark too see hahaha

Attachments

• IMG00132-20110922-1902.jpg
    IMG00132-20110922-1902.jpg
    33.2 KB · Views: 109
  • IMG00133-20110922-1902.jpg
    IMG00133-20110922-1902.jpg
    36.5 KB · Views: 99
  • IMG00134-20110922-1929.jpg
    IMG00134-20110922-1929.jpg
    38.2 KB · Views: 101
  • IMG00135-20110922-2025.jpg
    IMG00135-20110922-2025.jpg
    37.1 KB · Views: 95
  • IMG00136-20110922-2025.jpg
    IMG00136-20110922-2025.jpg
    38.1 KB · Views: 92
Still working in the dark I see ey Rov? :biglaugh:

Well, the parts are bigger and easier to see than those little carb parts, plus it looks like you have a nice floor to work on instead of balancing on top of a stone wall!! :rofl_200:

Looks good man, bet it'll work like a charm! :punk:

you bet, sure is a little easier when not balancing on one foot, but ya, cant get away from working in the dark lol.
try grabbing the clamp when it falls down the crankcase tube to the bottom and not taking off the carbs or side scoops. i knew it was gonna happen just as it fell and i was like, crap!!!! should have snugged it up while taking stuff off..... oh well not the first time wont be the last.

How does the canister work? I have the filters and K&N wants $65.00 for the crank breather parts and $10.00 for the orifice. Is this plumbing something that I can duplicate? How does it connect to the filler cap?

yup sure can be done, i figure for like 10 bucks. you have the filters already? and which orifice are you talking about? for the oil filler vent tube?

the canister i made is just pcv pipe, you can drill the bottom cap add two spigots one for the pvc one for oil vent line, then i lightly packed non scratch pads, basically plastic not steel wool and then on the top cap if you make two lines, rubber or which ever to the front two air filters via 90degree plastic ends, then you got it made.

check out this link, will give you better idea then my lame pictures

http://www.y8s.com/celica_gone/air-oil/

mines a little neater and smaller and i used my old fittings out of the stg 7 canister but barbed ends will do the job. i have no drain as i left the cap un glued, can pull apart to drain if needed, no room in bike anyways.

Well I havent seen anyof this up close, the jet kit shows to put one where the black hose conects to the engine. Thanks

I sell the dynojet parts for less then that if you don't want to make your own.

Sean

prob faster to order it and be done with it hahha. jsut was a last min thing to do since i was bored.

what do they cost anyways sean? incase mine dosent work out

Anyway I can get some pictures or discription of how the bottum is hooked up?

one hose from the one off the engine breather and the other is off the line that comes off the oil filler when you run a stg 7 set up(not sure if the morley set up is similar or not)

$50 for the DJ part (still expensive). Someone posted a link not long about about recovery tanks that were very nice!

Sean

$50 for the DJ part (still expensive). Someone posted a link not long about about recovery tanks that were very nice!

Sean

yup where i got the idea from, i also posted the same link as my pics suck but exactly how i built mine but i used the stock k&n bits and pieces like the hoses and bottom spigots, will have to take better pics.

tugla dont worry about the pictures I did a search and found all the info I need I appreciate the help they got some good people on this sight. THANKS.

good stuff, sorry was away from the bike, couldnt get you better pics.

Back