Air shifter

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wanted to see if any one is using this brand air shifter & the pros & cons if you are & also what type of ignition kill you are using. http://www.ebay.com/itm/DynoTune-Ai...=390383381387&ps=63&clkid=6417508786548025430

Having tried all kinds including the paint ball cylinder type as you've linked to. I have 1/2 dozen of those electric valves in my toolbox. The paint ball container when set to lets say 100 PSI takes time to energize the cylinder. I had it hooked up to a shiftminder and then an MPS kill. Lots of missed shifts and lots of troubleshooting :pullhair: Is it the valve is it the kill?

I went back to the old tried and true air over air Pingle setup. Simple to understand and works every time.

Click the pic

Having tried all kinds including the paint ball cylinder type as you've linked to. I have 1/2 dozen of those electric valves in my toolbox. The paint ball container when set to lets say 100 PSI takes time to energize the cylinder. I had it hooked up to a shiftminder and then an MPS kill. Lots of missed shifts and lots of troubleshooting :pullhair: Is it the valve is it the kill?

I went back to the old tried and true air over air Pingle setup. Simple to understand and works every time.

Click the pic

Thanks I Will look in my books & see if Parts unlimeted or Tucker ROcky offers them. I still need to make it 10 minutes from my house & talk with MRE to.

I ran MRE's air-air shifter. when I switched from their tank (PVC at the time, I didn't get the optional aluminum tank) to the paintball CO2 tank, I had issues at first. I was running a 7oz tank with a regulator that took the pressure down to around 110psi. Still kind of inconsistent, due to the CO2 having to convert from a liquid to a gas. I then added a decent expansion chamber to the setup, to allow the conversion to a gas to be more smoothly and quickly, and that did the trick. It then behaved like it was filled with your everyday air compressor, except a lot more shifts.

Kind of forgot about this for a bit untill the posting got bumped. I went out in the garage & done some digging & found this that I got in a parts lot with some other stuff. I just have not really messed with air shifters. I might have everything I need guess I will talk with MRE when I get the chance.

Attachments

• Air shifter & mustang 009.jpg
    Air shifter & mustang 009.jpg
    48.4 KB · Views: 17
  • Air shifter & mustang 010.jpg
    Air shifter & mustang 010.jpg
    55.8 KB · Views: 12
  • Air shifter & mustang 011.jpg
    Air shifter & mustang 011.jpg
    61.2 KB · Views: 12
Kind of forgot about this for a bit untill the posting got bumped. I went out in the garage & done some digging & found this that I got in a parts lot with some other stuff. I just have not really messed with air shifters. I might have everything I need guess I will talk with MRE when I get the chance.

Yea ya do! Don't need to buy anything but maybe some fittings and air line.

Looks like it's all there to me! I have an old air/air system around here too. I do like the electric over air though but both do the job.

Sean

Latest posts

Back