Alaska 2010 or bust ride

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's is a good idea for those who want to go on the ride, but don't want to go the whole distance. Not too sure who from Ontario here would want to tag on as the support vehicle. The one place where I think this would be a huge necessity is across central Canada. According to a gent who rode this route last summer there are long stretches with no fuel stops. This is a big concern as most of us don't want to install an aux. fuel tank (they look hideous for the most part) that would give the range necessary. I am fairly sure that we will be good to go with a lot of pre-planning. My thought process is to contact CAA and let them do a majority of the route planning and give them the parameters for fuel range etc.

Proposed route starting from my house. Of course we will have to pick a meeting place to start at, but this gives you an idea.

Link failed, will retry and repost.

:eusa_dance:ALMTY has to go! 2010 I hope will be plenty of time for me to get the time off and plan accordingly. It sounds like a blast. I will have to put on some weight in the ass area to cushion the ride though. Like I have told a few of you this winter I will be upgrading my seat. It'll help.

Route isn't perfect, needs some tweaks for sure. I moved the route around the map a bit and it shows that it runs off road, but it doesn't, I just moved the route markers around too much. You guys will get the jist of it.

Now thats some miles. I'm looking into having some patches and shirts made up for the ride.

On the plus side looks like you'll be riding through some killer sites that Canada has to offer.

Just looking at the route map, its 4,084 miles, or 6,573 km. Double that amount (since y'all got to come back) to 8,168 miles or 13,146 km. :ummm:

Now I know I am down here in the South, with higher road tempatures, but I can't get 8,200 miles out of a rear tire. Especially with a Max.

Y'all might want to ship a new rear tire up there in advance, and have it put on for the return trip. :confused2:

If nothing else, you don't have to worry about smoking them. :punk:

No need to ship a tire. There are many motorcycle shops here 2 yamaha, Kaw, 2 honda, Harley and victory, not to mention the many independants that carry tires.

I am planning on putting new tires on just before I leave along with all fluids being changed. My recommendation to all who will be riding would be to do a really good check on everything just prior to the trip. Any deficiencies should be addressed well in advance.

I think all we will need is back tires!:confused2:
If you get this many Vmax's together there is going to be a few burnouts! :punk:

vmaxinID is coming right?:rofl_200:

I am planning on putting new tires on just before I leave along with all fluids being changed. My recommendation to all who will be riding would be to do a really good check on everything just prior to the trip. Any deficiencies should be addressed well in advance.
Don't worry Jim, I will carry enough supplies for everyone.:biglaugh: I gots it covered fo sho!:rofl_200::rofl_200::rofl_200:

Right now yes if it pans out......................

Idaho's North border is Canada.

I have a family member I need to see in the same neighborhood as KJ. Mafia business
Excellant! :thumbs up: :thumbs up:
I also have some business to take care of while I'm there too, but it's monkey business!:punk:

Last edited:
I think all we will need is back tires!:confused2:
If you get this many Vmax's together there is going to be a few burnouts! :punk:

vmaxinID is coming right?:rofl_200:

I was thinking.. how about lining up all the attendees and do a simultanious burnout. Just think of the photo op.

If we do that you will have to warn the PD and the FD or they will be on us in a second!! Would be cool though. That would be a great Youtube video :eusa_dance: Might be a good idea to pre-order tires with a dealer local to you just to be sure.

This will be a real iron butt type ride. I could do a 1000 km day....but several in a row? Wow....would be a real experience tho! Gotta think about this one for abit!!

Dale #2592

I mounted and balanced a new set of Shinkos today using my home made stuff.
It actually works, not great, but it gets the job done.
Support trucks could have something like that on board, along with a small generator, pancake compressor and a front & rear tire for emergency tire changing. Just in case one goes flat in the middle of now where.

What do you think? :ummm:

Back