another carb issue solved

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tvmax

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have had poor MPG and several performance issues with my bike and they are slowly getting sorted out with help from alot of people here. I found another problem today. I pulled out the slides and took the needles out. Behold under 3 of the needles there were shims raising the needles .025" on 2 and .030" on 1 and no shim under the 4th! I had noticed 1 plug looked leaner than the others. I put them back with .013" shims on all. It will be interresting to see how it helps. Also these slides have the holes drilled out for stage 7 and I am putting in the shorter springs in as well. I did this because the diaphrams from the others were very bad and had been siliconed. I still think I have a fuel delivery issue to sort out. I should have taken these completely apart when I did the rest of the carbs. You never know what you will find. I just want to add I have a stock airbox and a early Hindle 4 into 1 pipe.

Jim N

Latest posts

Back