Another Oil Filter Mod

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jimvette999

Reaction score
Ok so when are you going to do the cleaning mod? :ummm: :rofl_200:

Is that a stainless cleanable filter or just a cover?:ummm:

Scotts makes a really nice billet aluminum cleanable filter that a lot of guys use on there SV's. :coolgleamA:

Ok so when are you going to do the cleaning mod? :ummm: :rofl_200:

Is that a stainless cleanable filter or just a cover?:ummm:

Scotts makes a really nice billet aluminum cleanable filter that a lot of guys use on there SV's. :coolgleamA:

I knew I'd catch grief for the grime. :rofl_200: It's a daily rider and I do wash it periodically. Once a year whether it needs it or not.

Yea, it's a billet alum. with stainless mesh filter. I'll have to see how much Scotts filter is since this one ain't cheap.

I knew I'd catch grief for the grime. :rofl_200: It's a daily rider and I do wash it periodically. Once a year whether it needs it or not.

Yea, it's a billet alum. with stainless mesh filter. I'll have to see how much Scotts filter is since this one ain't cheap.

I think they were 110.00 last I checked...:confused2:

Looks good by the way... Looks like you couldn't fit a c$% hair between it and the cross member though...

I should have used the Scotts filter. Probably would have been a better fit. As it was, I had to remove about 3/16" of an inch from the engine filter boss to get the TRU-FILTER to pull up against the engine. Wish I'd have known about Scotts.:bang head: Cheaper too!

Sorry about the big pics...what a hassle to roll left & right

Last edited:
I should have used the Scotts filter. Probably would have been a better fit. As it was, I had to remove about 3/16" of an inch from the engine filter boss to get the TRU-FILTER to pull up against the engine. Wish I'd have known about Scotts.:bang head: Cheaper too!

Sorry about the big pics...what a hassle to roll left & right

You could have just put the pics in as an attachment too... :thumbs up: I am using Firefox so they fit in the screen perfectly! Problem is that they use up a lot of bandwidth which slows the site down...

No biggie!

I still use the Mobil 1 filters on the Max and Suzuki on my SV...

Back