Any Vgas users?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rebar

Reaction score
I have some basic questions about my Vgas carbs. Anyone willing to give me a hand?

Hey Rebar, I've been running Vgas for a few years now. I realy like e'm & lots of fun factor! What type of issues are you having?

The bike runs strong, easily beating my stock 85. Drives slow around town nicely as well. But the plugs are black not sure on the miles on them. I like them to. The idle sound is sweet!

Does a operation/tuning manual exit from ufo? Who makes the carbs for ufo?

Right now only problem is the correct mounting washers for the stacks were lost and smaller ones used. I almost lost a stack driving around and it garfed up the washer slot.

If I didnt plan on removing the stacks when I install the c.f. ramair scoops Im getting I would probably tig a few mounting flanges on each stack.

Am I missing larger washers? Or what am I missing?

Thanks

Attachments

• motorcyc1.jpg
    motorcyc1.jpg
    108.9 KB · Views: 30
The carbs are manufactured by Keihin (FCR type), you can go online & download some service manuals as to fine tuning them. My set of carbs have variable adjustable air jets located @ the base surfaces were the stacks mount, I just leaned them out slightly & plugs are a good tan color. As to the washers I’m not sure what you are talking about? Send more info:

As to the washers I’m not sure what you are talking about? Send more info:

Its the old style. I guess now they press fit?

The carbs are manufactured by Keihin (FCR type), you can go online & download some service manuals as to fine tuning them. :

Super thanks!

yes they are press fit now..Your running rich...PM me and let me know what your running as far as jets are concerned and all your mods on the bike...
Ill give u a baseline...

Hows your pipes look??Black???

When u full throttle it and then let off the throttle does she backfire or crackle ??

Ok u can try this,,,,drive your bike at 1/2 to 3/4 throttle in the middle of u riding at that throttle turn the run switch off,,,take plugs out and check them..If they are black your running rich with your main jets,,,,if gold your running rich on your idle circuit or low speed circuit..

Like i said pm and i walk u through the rest....

yes they are press fit now..Your running rich...PM me and let me know what your running as far as jets are concerned and all your mods on the bike...
Ill give u a baseline...

Hows your pipes look??Black???

When u full throttle it and then let off the throttle does she backfire or crackle ??

Ok u can try this,,,,drive your bike at 1/2 to 3/4 throttle in the middle of u riding at that throttle turn the run switch off,,,take plugs out and check them..If they are black your running rich with your main jets,,,,if gold your running rich on your idle circuit or low speed circuit..

Like i said pm and i walk u through the rest....

Wow thanks.

No backfire or crackle. I will try the method for checking main jet mixture.

So the plug color can change that quickly depending on which jets and the mixture of those??:ummm: meaning at idle only indicates mixture for those jets.

I cant open full throttle until its well over 6K. maybey 7K

I am running the Keihin FCR from PCW and can share that the 1/4 to 3/4 throttle can be leaned out by raising the clip on your needles. If your needles are on the #4 clip and you raise the clip to the #3 slot you will lean out the 1/4 to 3/4 throttle AF. I have had mine be perfect at idle and perfect at WOT according to my Dynojet A/F meter and rich at the cruising ranges. My air adjustment is at 1 turn out. The more you turn in the leaner. Of course you are at the 1/4 to 3/4 throttle probably 90% of the time. Just my experience. rick rash Side Note: My FCR needles were perfect on the #4 clip with my Kerker 4/2/1 on my 1200, 1260 and 1500 motors. When I installed the UFO 4/2/1 Dragstar exhaust I had to change my needles to the #3 clip. Remember: the higher the clip the leaner.

yes plugs change that quick..When u let off the throttle u do not get like mini backfires like put put put put cause thats what ur looking for,,,when u get the kabooms ur running rich..

That is called a plug chop, generally when you do it use new spark plugs.

Do you have to remove the carbs to check needle clip location with Vgas? Or is there enough room?

And do you have to remove the cable linkage to get the carbs out from under the frame?

Thanks

Hi all

I didn't want to start a new thread in order not to clutter the forum so im posting on this one, i thought it would be the most appropriate.
im looking for some pictures of the vgas setup. I have some doubts and i'd like to check some specs on that setup. Is any VGAS user able to share or email me some pictures of its vgas setup? Im not talking about pictures of the stacks, but pictures from the jig/bracket that hold them together and the throttle rockers assembly. Thank you all in advance

Not sure what you can make out in the reaper build album in our muscle facebook pages.

Back