anybody really ride the new max hard?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Man the Max wasnt meant to ride easy...The only thing I slowed down on are the holeshots...
Im not going to lie I ride hard,,although I put so much money into this max im afraid to beat it...
Im any event it sounds like I gotta have this bike if it kills me!!!!!

I have had two gen 1's and now have the Gen 2.. I'll put it like this. Gen 1 is like the space ship that they sent those monkeys up in back in the 60's. The Gen 2 is like the SPACE SHUTTLE on sterioids. I got rid of the 05, there was no way I would chose her over the Gen 2 to go out for a ride.

hey tom i see youre in indy, you should come down the road and ride with me sometime.

but ya thats my problem too. i have a perfectly good 03 just sitting away that i probably will never ride again willingly, im only asking 4k for it and the darn thing is just gonna rot

If a LEO saw how I ride I'm sure he would say my license should be taken away, but I make a point so they hardly ever see me being a hooligan, and if they do, they need to catch me. Vmax>crown vic haha

I've found with my gen 1 I get best mileage, no kidding, cruising at about 95mph. For me with Venture gears, that's just before the boost valves open in fifth. Last year did a ride from Schroon Lake, to Troy, to Hampton Beach, (and back...~560mis in a day), the trip out had an average speed of probably over 100, lots of time "cruising" in the 90 zone. Filled up once between Troy and the coast, and rolled into the beach showing 125miles to the tank and still no fuel light, I thought sure it broke. Finally at 132 it came on, and when I filled up I got 41.5mpg. I shit you not. Average 75mph cruise I get 37-38. Push it past 100 into v-boost territory and it takes a dump. I found out the hard way. The fuel light came on right as I got on I87-S at exit 30. Of course there's never any traffic that far north so the speedo quickly passed the century and rode between 100-140+(top end) until she ran dry about a mile shy of exit 26. When you run out of gas at 130mph, the bike will coast for nearly a mile with the clutch pulled in, lol. Later figured it to be about 18mpg. Bike does better on gas at WOT than my truck does driving like grandma. I was having too much fun speeding and of course immediately forgot about the fuel light, figuring I'd make it to 28 no problem. Of course I forgot about that too and went by the exit at 140mph. There is no exit 27 on the southbound side, and I didn't make it to 26.

rode a little tonight, at 55 mph its right at 29-32 mpg and when i let off the throttle it gets into the mid to high 40s

when im actually riding, (i prefer not to do highways) its in the teens and low to mid 20s.

the gen 1 i could get to 80-90 before the light came on.

i did a real quick 1 2 3 blast from a dead stop today on the way to my friends house, i pulled into his driveway and had to gasp for air. why i wasnt breathing? i dont know. either the g force or the adrenaline rush im not sure

Back