Anyone at work right now???

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rusty McNeil

Reaction score
I've been working 13 days on and 1 day off for the last 2 months on a turnaround...usually 13-16 hours a day....

I'm freaking dying here....

It's 75, dry and sunny...absolutely georgous day and my bike is sitting in the garage and I'm dying to go for a ride....

Haven't seen my house in the daytime for almost two weeks now....

I was supposed to load up the bike and head to the Hill country of Texas this weekend with the Houston V-maxers but had to cancel....

Work sucks...but it beats welfare lol....

OK..I'm gonna go take my medication now and quit feeling sorry for myself.....Thanks for listening......

Maybe I'll order some more goodies for the Max over the internet at work to make myself feel better before my wife gets a chance to spend all this O.T. $$$$

Last edited:
Workin' right now bro, I feel ya. :31:
The only thing good is that it was C.A.F. on my way here this morn so I got no "Sunny Ride Jonze"
________
halfbaked

Last edited:
For a while I was working 7-12s (12 hour days, 7 days a week), but after a while it gets to be too much... money was good though.

I've survived 5 weeks straight of 7 days a week 14+ hours a day earlier this year. On a project that I shouldn't have been on, cleaning up the screw up of a third party vendor that designed the system they fucked up.

2 years prior, for a little over a year straight, every 3rd week I was working from 6am to 1am including the weekend. Works out to roughtly 80-90 hours of overtime for that week.

Problem with both situations was that I was salaried and didn't get payed for the overtime or compinsated in any way.

An while I know that there are tons of folks that have gotten screwed worse then that, it was definitly my top moments. I'm so glad the fired my old manager and got us a new one. I was ready to quit the very day the changeover was announced.

Calimus said:
I've survived 5 weeks straight of 7 days a week 14+ hours a day earlier this year. On a project that I shouldn't have been on, cleaning up the screw up of a third party vendor that designed the system they fucked up.

2 years prior, for a little over a year straight, every 3rd week I was working from 6am to 1am including the weekend. Works out to roughtly 80-90 hours of overtime for that week.

Problem with both situations was that I was salaried and didn't get payed for the overtime or compinsated in any way.

An while I know that there are tons of folks that have gotten screwed worse then that, it was definitly my top moments. I'm so glad the fired my old manager and got us a new one. I was ready to quit the very day the changeover was announced.

Thank god I'm not Salaried.....
Everyone in our Dept. (High Voltage Reliabilty and Inspection) makes more than our Supervisors and Engineers because of O.T.
Most of the Supv. and Engineers put in just as many hours as we do with twice the headaches......
The only time they are compensated is on Turnaround work and that is at about 90% of thier hourly rate and only after giving away the first 10 hours over 40 in a week......

Rusty

Respect to you hard working guys..
That is what makes your country great. Folks who know how to work hard.. Hats off..

Latest posts

Back