Anyone got an fjr1300 swing arm lying around ??

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes...here in Australia we need "permit to modify"
It's a pain but due to too many idiots building death traps they had to do something.

Wondering how thick the side plates need to be...can I use Ali and bolt it to main frame......Ali is easier as I can machine it with my router........steel easier to weld up.....stress points at mounting lots....So lots of questions....looking for opinions of those that know their stuff....

Attachments

• 20131222_184611-1.jpg
    20131222_184611-1.jpg
    66.7 KB · Views: 51
I'd recommend steel sheet metal. Easier to work and weld. For the struts you can use square tubing or L shaped bar...

Agreed, I would go steel. BUT, all the sportbikes use bolt on aluminum sections and have for years. However, they don't have any requirement for chassis support (like shocks) and only have to make it strong enough to support the rider/passenger and some equipment and battery.

Hello guys, tried it but facing the problem with adaption on the frame. I did not want that. But congrats to the guy who did this. Would like to see a picture of the swing mounted in the frame. This is till where I come and stopped.

FJR8.jpg

FJR9.jpg

Sharky, seen the pics also seen that you machined the right side bearing housing. This for lining up the wheel I suppose. You also need to do that because as we measured the alignment of the driveshaft with the joint was not alligned. You gonna use a FJR final also?
Would like to see the result.

yeah by machining the right side and getting a narrower bearing I have got the alignment spot on.
Gotta move house so there will be a bit of a delay....damn landlords

Back