Anyone into Mustangs, or muscle cars

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Maxed

Reaction score
I picked up a 56K mile 93 Mustang LX coupe to compliment my 89 25th
anniversary coupe this weekend.

The 93 is extremely clean, even has the original paint. The shortblock is stock with GT-40 heads and intake topped off with a Procharger. The original owner (I'm the 3rd) had already converted to 5-lug Cobra brakes. All in all a very fun ride.

My 89 is a going to be a show/drag car. I already have all the chassis work done including mini-tubs. I almost have the engine finished, just need electronics and some misc stuff. I building a 557 stroker BBF that will put right at 1000 HP to the crank. It should be a wild ride when done.

Whats everyone else got?

-Allen

No cars as of yet... Well I have 4 wheeled vehicles but not fast ones...

I am going to look into a new WRX STI in about 2 years to race in SCCA I think. We'll see where the money is then I guess...

A list plenty long. Maybe need to get together when you get the big block in it and see how my procharged small block would do. It's currently being finished installed in my 95 Z28 Camaro. The engine started out as a 96 LT4 from a gransport vette (stock engine is on the stand in the shop). After popping a piston we decided to pump it up more. Now it's a 383 stroker with custom can 50lb injectors, ect.... Bottom end is rated to 1400hp though we are wanting to get 750 to the ground on pump gas and 1000 with race fuel. Chassis is no where ready for it at the present time but all will come eventually.

Of course when the money has to be spread between cars and bikes (a big list of both) you don't get as far on any one engine.

I do have all my components for the 540 that is going in my 68 chevelle!!! It's back halved and ready to go chassis wise.

Sean Morley

That sounds pretty sweet Sean. As you know these types of projects are money pits...it will probably take me another 2 years to finish.

I spent a lot of time figuring out what motor combo to run. I originally was going to run a 408 LS1 but to get the power i wanted would have run me around $30k. I came across a guy in Seattle that was selling a fresh 1971 429 CJ 4-bolt block fresh out of the machine shop, half filled and 0-ringed so I picked it up. I picked up a 4340 forged crank, 4340 h-beams and custom JE pistons for 14:5.1 compression. I just picked up a set of TFS A460 heads, A460 tunnel ram and a pair of Holley 1050 dominators. Now all I need to do is get it assembled and tuned on an engine dyno so I can spec a torque converter.

It cost me a small fortune to build the chassis to support the power and ET's I will be running while keeping me safe, whatever you do don't skimp in this area.

My coupe N/A should run 8:50's, hopefully 7:90's on giggle juice.

-Allen

A list plenty long. Maybe need to get together when you get the big block in it and see how my procharged small block would do. It's currently being finished installed in my 95 Z28 Camaro. The engine started out as a 96 LT4 from a gransport vette (stock engine is on the stand in the shop). After popping a piston we decided to pump it up more. Now it's a 383 stroker with custom can 50lb injectors, ect.... Bottom end is rated to 1400hp though we are wanting to get 750 to the ground on pump gas and 1000 with race fuel. Chassis is no where ready for it at the present time but all will come eventually.

Of course when the money has to be spread between cars and bikes (a big list of both) you don't get as far on any one engine.

I do have all my components for the 540 that is going in my 68 chevelle!!! It's back halved and ready to go chassis wise.

Sean Morley
I had a 67 chevelle....I really miss it!

yea, dad misses his 67 chevelle but wanted his 65 GTO back even worse. Here's a partial List of cars not inc bikes - see website

63 Biscayne
65, 67, 69 GTO's
66 Corvette
67 Impala SS 427
67 Cutlass Cnvt
67 Cutlass Htp
68 Camaro
68 Chevelle
69 Bonneville Cnvt
70 Chevelle
70 Thunderbird
85 Corvette
85 Fiero
85 Suburban
90 GMC
90 GMC 3+3 Dually
92 Camaro RS
92 Mustang LX 5.0
95 Camaro Z28 Cnvt
95 Saturn SC2
96 Suburban 4x4
96 Impala SS

Just a '66 coupe with the factory hiPo motor and auto trans. Mostly stock with the Shelby mods to the motor. very few like this.

Just a '66 coupe with the factory hiPo motor and auto trans. Mostly stock with the Shelby mods to the motor. very few like this.

Sounds like a nice coupe you got there Lew.

When I decide to move from California to Texas in 2000 I ended up selling my 67 GTA "S" code and my 73 Mach1 with 48K original miles, wish I could have kept them...

-Allen

My first car was a white 89 LX hatchback. Mostly stock but real clean. I sold it to a 16 year old girl whos parents were buying it for her sixteenth B-day. They both drove 5.0s and wanted one for thier daughter. Last year I bought a 91 LX Hatch on ebay for 2 thousand bucks. The front end was a little messed up from being backed into by a truck. I was overseas when I bought it and my brother in law picked it up in vegas and brought it home. It ended up coming with all the stuff to fix the front end damage (Fender, hood, bumper, nose cone, headlight etc), E303 cam, cold air intake, 70 MM throttle body, hooker headers, Flowmasters, underdrive pulleys, suspension upgrade, subframe connectors etc. My neighbor helped me straighten the radiator core support and I put her all back together and got her running. Right now she's not the prettiest or fastest Mustang on the road (I think I've burnt a valve) but she's got potential.

Latest posts

Back