Anyone know what windshield this is and where can I find one?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think I found the answer to my 1st question. Looks like it is called the 'LEAF' windshield and was offer as a genuine VMax accessory. Part# 907-981Y3-03-00.
Now begins the quest to hunt one down in decent condition. Any help would be much appreciated!

Attachments

• Leaf Windshield2.jpg
    Leaf Windshield2.jpg
    70.7 KB · Views: 50
We have started reproducing them and have some of the parts made already. Some are still waiting for me to get around to making some more of the parts needed (I have most of the lenses already).

We have started reproducing them and have some of the parts made already. Some are still waiting for me to get around to making some more of the parts needed (I have most of the lenses already).
Can't wait. Please add me to your list. Thanks!

Any update on the progression of the leaf screen. I definitely want one. Thanks

I had one on my 16 that I purchased from Exactrap in England. Still worth giving them a shot.

Attachments

• 20180619_200650.jpg
    20180619_200650.jpg
    172.8 KB · Views: 89
I had one on my 16 that I purchased from Exactrap in England. Still worth giving them a shot.
Was it just for looks or did it do a decent job of relieving pressure on the chest and neck at highway speeds? I for one love the look but hoping it serves a purpose also. I’m trying to convince myself that I don’t need a touring windshield while touring lol,

Surprisingly, I found it quite effective for the size. Definitely a noticeable improvement over no screen at all. I had the OEM touring screen on my 09, then the leaf screen on the 16. Definitely better coverage with the bigger screen, but I am also a tall rider. The leaf screen took the pressure off my chest, but not my face. I have a 15 now and debated about which one to put on it. It ended up that I was offered a free touring screen still in the box, so that made the decision much easier. 😆 Honestly, had that not happened, I likely would have searched out another leaf screen just because it looks so sharp on the bike. I have a Venture TC for the big mile rides, so I'll suffer with a bit of wind on my Max for the pleasing look of the smaller screen.

Thanks Randy for sharing your experience! Thinking of getting one now as I’m 5’8” and hoping it’ll do the job. If not I guess I’ll just have to source an OEM touring one for the big trips and keep the Leaf for everyday.
Cheers!

Here's what I got back from Exactrap - "Thank-you for your email, unfortunately, Yamaha have discontinued this part many years ago,"

Yes magical racing . Took about 6 months to get it. Is good quality. Wind protection is good. Hits at top of helmet and at outside shoulders

That Magical Racing windshield looks great but the website looks sketchy.

They are good. They are up front with you. Will take up to 6 months to get it. Shipping was 80 dollars at first and I negotiated to 30 dollars.

Magical Racing is legitimate. I ordered a rear cowl that was showing out of stock. I spoke with someone that said it would be about 4 months because at the time they were out of stock and Covid. This was last May or June, I received it in October about 5 months but it was exactly what I ordered. Cannot remember the shipping but I also was able to negotiate.

Was it just for looks or did it do a decent job of relieving pressure on the chest and neck at highway speeds? I for one love the look but hoping it serves a purpose also. I’m trying to convince myself that I don’t need a touring windshield while touring lol,
I have the stock windshield thingy for a gen 2 sitting on a shelf that I will likely never put on again
As for does it work against push….sure is pretty
I like the push

peter

Latest posts

Back