Are you a new member? Come here and say hi!

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey everybody, I'm new to the site and wanted to say hi. I've had several bikes over the years, starting with Triumph choppers (back in the day) and ending with my beloved '85 Max. I started my own business as an underground petroleum tank tester in '92 and the Max had to go, along with my Corvette, house and anything else I had that could be turned into $'s :bang head:. The business went well and last spring I sold it and retired. Then started to look around for an old guy retirement vehicle. Of course!! Another V Max--perfect! Found a stock '99 which I cruise around on and love it. :clapping:

Dan

Welcome to the collective Dan! :punk: Glad to hear your back on a max.

Hey everybody, I'm new to the site and wanted to say hi. I've had several bikes over the years, starting with Triumph choppers (back in the day) and ending with my beloved '85 Max. I started my own business as an underground petroleum tank tester in '92 and the Max had to go, along with my Corvette, house and anything else I had that could be turned into $'s :bang head:. The business went well and last spring I sold it and retired. Then started to look around for an old guy retirement vehicle. Of course!! Another V Max--perfect! Found a stock '99 which I cruise around on and love it. :clapping:

Dan

Welcome to the collective Dan! :punk: Glad to hear your back on a max.

:assimilation::th_termi-smilie:

Yeah what KJ said!

Hi guys, appreciate the welcome. I'm seeing lots of familiar names, kinda like going in a new bar and recognizing most of the people there--it's cool.

Dan
VMOA #5127 :biglaugh:

Yeah but this "bar" is much nicer... :biglaugh:

G-day all, newbie here , just joined .Could not believe after all the Vmax sites i've been to , i did not come across this one.
The site is awesome , lots of info . Hope you'll have me around for awhile.
Alil bout my self, owned just a few bikes. Moved south a few years back and now have a 30 min country commute to work, started riding again.
First upgrade was an old 1986 FXZ at the Honda shop...had been sitting for quite awhile ...new paint , cleaned up the motor, new skins..few modes , and I was blitzing to work.
This year,..ready to do more tweaks to the red blitzer,;got a call from a friend his bud just bought a new bagger, and wanted to sell his old bike ...he wouldn't tell me what it was ,...walked in to this guys garage to see a 68 Mustang fastback ..and a screaming yellow Max...MY two heart stoppers in the same garage...he started it up,.(Holeshot 4-1),...and was told to please get up from the floor and stop chanting "were not worthy".
So, fresh gas and and a grin a back hoe couldn't scrape off, and i am a proud owner of some serious Yamaha muscle lineage.
Well thats enough for now ..lookin forward to getting to know you all.
Bye for now.
Keep it shiny side up.:thumbs up:

Attachments

• Shannon Fazer.jpg
    Shannon Fazer.jpg
    90.7 KB · Views: 10
  • FZX nice.jpg
    FZX nice.jpg
    77.8 KB · Views: 11
  • lulu2.jpg
    lulu2.jpg
    88.3 KB · Views: 11
Well, I've posted 175 times but I am technically still "new," since I haven't posted here.

I joined a couple of months ago, and after many hours of labor, I am now able to actually ride the Max. Got a sissy bar/pad for the wife and now her stamp of approval is all over the bike.

Name is Ben. Been riding for probably 7 years or so, now. Bikes are in my signature. Progressed in order from 125, 350, 650, 500, 1100, and now 1200ccs. I ride the trails in the dirt as much as I ride on the street. Wanted a Max since I first heard the legend.

It's time to sell my XS11 as the wife and I like the Max better than any other bike.

Great forum. Thanks to all who have helped me so far, sent me parts, etc.

Hi there, I already introduced myself in the oil thread as I had a question about it, but here goes again:

I'm from The Netherlands (gas 1,60 Euro a litre!!) and I own a black V-max for a couple of weeks now. I work for an internet company, play guitar and have two daughters (2 and 9 y.o.)

Hope to have some nice conversations here en get some answers to soem questions I have..

see ya

Hi there, I already introduced myself in the oil thread as I had a question about it, but here goes again:

I'm from The Netherlands (gas 1,60 Euro a litre!!) and I own a black V-max for a couple of weeks now. I work for an internet company, play guitar and have two daughters (2 and 9 y.o.)

Hope to have some nice conversations here en get some answers to soem questions I have..

see ya

And a pic of my Max of xourse:

vnieuwps4.jpg

Very nice bike Ibanez666. I wanted to paint mine after I bought it , but every one likes the yellow,..It's grown on me too now so ,..I'll just have to paint the next one,..lol.

Very nice bike Ibanez666. I wanted to paint mine after I bought it , but every one likes the yellow,..It's grown on me too now so ,..I'll just have to paint the next one,..lol.

Razo,
Yellow Maxes are sweet. There aren't a lot of them out there so they stand out.
Although... muscle stripes do beef them up a bit!

:punk:

Of all the Max colors, the 94 yellow is my favorite and the 95 red is second. I also like the 88/89 red with the blacked out scoops and side covers. Needless to say, I am a fan of bright colors....

Of all the Max colors, the 94 yellow is my favorite and the 95 red is second. I also like the 88/89 red with the blacked out scoops and side covers. Needless to say, I am a fan of bright colors....

Mine used to be red ('94, but model '95). I told the guy at the motorbike store I ould take the bike if it was black, so he painted it for me (well brushed of course)

I repainted my '92 this spring from stock color "red e sparkle" to House of Kolor "euro red". It is a bright color, brighter than the paint chip suggested and I was afraid I would not like it. But now that it is on the bike I really like it. I have finally got my hands on the department's camera and as soon as the rain clears out of here I will post up some pictures. Redbone has changed a little since the last pictures I put up so stay tuned for the new look! :punk:

Great stuff, I was wondering if the registration was wrong on the colour for the year. But as always in Canada, we get the last years model. Frame tag confirms 1995, yet all sites report 94 as yellow year.
And yes ...I do believe Stripes give it more attitude ,..It was my thoughts as well.
Dusted pewter, polished titanium or just Honda silver?
Need some feed back guys..
Keep it shinny side up.

Oh yea Redbone ,..was that "Sparkle Rockstar red"...lol... almost put that on my Fazer...went with viper red classic instead. I was'nt brave enough.
Please do post pic's , would love to see this colour on the bike in the sun.
Bet it looks Awesome.

Great stuff, I was wondering if the registration was wrong on the colour for the year. But as always in Canada, we get the last years model. Frame tag confirms 1995, yet all sites report 94 as yellow year.
And yes ...I do believe Stripes give it more attitude ,..It was my thoughts as well.
Dusted pewter, polished titanium or just Honda silver?
Need some feed back guys..
Keep it shinny side up.

Someone told me I have the Canadian model, maybe that explains why it was red and a '94

Back