Are you a new member? Come here and say hi!

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi bazwell,

Thanks for the advice,
I have just repacked it, it is better but still too loud.
I would like to keep the pipes and the 4 in 1 for sure, but I would have to find a compatible muffler, and find it used (I will go for the cheapest solution). I am also considering changing the baffle for a 1.5" but I am not sure about the noise, I am afraid this will still be too loud...

Hi! Im a college student, just got a 2001 vmax. Its my 4th bike, previous was a 2003 Honda CBR600rr. Im in san diego... yup... dun really know what else to say. Glad to be a part of this forum though! also, im lookin for some aftermarket air scoops, if anyone has some that a poor college student can afford... :D

Hi! Im a college student, just got a 2001 vmax. Its my 4th bike, previous was a 2003 Honda CBR600rr. Im in san diego... yup... dun really know what else to say. Glad to be a part of this forum though! also, im lookin for some aftermarket air scoops, if anyone has some that a poor college student can afford... :D

Welcome! You sure have found the best place for anything Max-related :punk:

Hey I'm known as negautrunks out here on the interwebs... I'm a 24 year old ummmm girl/woman. I live in Albuquerque.
My first bike was a 535 Yamaha Virago. I high-sided off of that about a month after I got it and after my arm healed I went to the motorcycle safety class and then got back on the 535 for a few more months (after fixing it). My dad bought a Vmax but then decided that it wasn't the bike for him, and after I rode it a couple of times I was addicted and begged him to sell it to me. He did (after my mom stopped freaking out), and so, I ride I've been riding this Vmax since last year and I love it, it's an '06, the one with the flames, and its got supertrapps... other than that there's no real mods, except I got the 'instrument windscreen' lol. Also got some nice mirrors and drag handlebars/different risers/grips. I love my bike, I've put close to 7,000 miles on it. I ride it all spring/summer/fall and stare at it all winter :D The 535 is still sitting in my garage... haven't ridden it since I got the Vmax lol. I really should sell it.
Honestly, I'm hoping to fighter out the max, i want one of those french gixxer wheels and i wanna paint it to look like an f-16 and put some cool decals on it. I also want to put a sportbike front end on it... I want it to handle a little better (my dad ended up getting a Bandit, and it sure does handle.. I've seen some kinda similar online, but of course, mine is mine, and so it'd be unique :)
Either way, I'm glad to be a part of the forums and hope to learn some stuff as well as contribute to the various discussions and stuff.
Keep the round side down!

Hey I'm known as negautrunks out here on the interwebs... I'm a 24 year old ummmm girl/woman. I live in Albuquerque.
My first bike was a 535 Yamaha Virago. I high-sided off of that about a month after I got it and after my arm healed I went to the motorcycle safety class and then got back on the 535 for a few more months (after fixing it). My dad bought a Vmax but then decided that it wasn't the bike for him, and after I rode it a couple of times I was addicted and begged him to sell it to me. He did (after my mom stopped freaking out), and so, I ride I've been riding this Vmax since last year and I love it, it's an '06, the one with the flames, and its got supertrapps... other than that there's no real mods, except I got the 'instrument windscreen' lol. Also got some nice mirrors and drag handlebars/different risers/grips. I love my bike, I've put close to 7,000 miles on it. I ride it all spring/summer/fall and stare at it all winter :D The 535 is still sitting in my garage... haven't ridden it since I got the Vmax lol. I really should sell it.
Honestly, I'm hoping to fighter out the max, i want one of those french gixxer wheels and i wanna paint it to look like an f-16 and put some cool decals on it. I also want to put a sportbike front end on it... I want it to handle a little better (my dad ended up getting a Bandit, and it sure does handle.. I've seen some kinda similar online, but of course, mine is mine, and so it'd be unique :)
Either way, I'm glad to be a part of the forums and hope to learn some stuff as well as contribute to the various discussions and stuff.
Keep the round side down!

Welcome negautrunks!

Cool story. Always room for more 24 year old ummmm girl's on here. :biglaugh:
Like your plans for the bike. You sound like you know what you are doing. You'll love this site.
Need some pics though. Maybe one of the bike too! :rofl_200:

Good morning, VMaxers!

Found this forum on Google some time ago but never wrote a line here... sorry for that.
I'm a oversatisfied owner of a '96 mod 97 Vmax, trying to keep it ready to road. My usual problem is how to get new parts. I've been buying from "Boats" over the internet 'cause it?s a rare bike on my country (I?m from Brazil).
I look mostly for upgrades that make our bike better for long travels, like comfort tips, extra fuel tanks and such.
I wish I can be of some use here so I'll try to post as much as possible.

PS.: Sorry for any mistake on my post. My english ain't on it?s best days:confused2:

hi

i?m valter and i am from portugal.
i work at a bike shop(mechanic) and unfortunaly i dont own a vmax,but had ride on some from customers.
i have a vfr750,since it also has the unique V4 sound and at the time i didnt afford a vmax...

hope you like it,many mods and i love it but it has to go to make funds to my bike dream,the V-max.
1324922123_294745366_2-honda-vfr-750-streetfighter-Passadouro.jpg

1324922123_294745366_6-honda-vfr-750-streetfighter-Portugal.jpg

Greetings Barros and Valter! :biglaugh:

Barros, your english is OK. I also buy from Boats.net. The price seems good.

Valter, cool VFR! I think a lot of people who love the VFR move to the vmax.
I had an older VF750F which was a beautiful sounding bike to me. V4's are great!
Hope you get a nice vmax soon!

yep,its a very good all around bike.
its a very reliable bike,and as soon as you sort the R/R problems they all have someday its a mantainance free bike.
thats other thing that i am affraid of,loosing a reliable bike and catch a problem on 2 wheels...
tha?s why i started reading this forum,to check potential problems with the v-max.
but i need a diferent riding position bike,and the vmax is my dream...

unfortunally in portugal they are pricey,people try to sell a 1990 same price as a 1998 and sometimes with more than 60.000km...:ummm:
how many km usualy a vmax goes before changing timing chain?

thanks for the hospitality

Hi guys im new to this site.been riding for about 40 yrs.started out on nortons&triumphs bought my firs max in 85(still have it) last year i bought 2010.i live in westwood nj.i am amember of vmoa for many years.i just stumbled upon your site and really like it.hope to meet some of the members go on a ride or to a picnic or something. later kingman

Hi guys im new to this site.been riding for about 40 yrs.started out on nortons&triumphs bought my firs max in 85(still have it) last year i bought 2010.i live in westwood nj.i am amember of vmoa for many years.i just stumbled upon your site and really like it.hope to meet some of the members go on a ride or to a picnic or something. later kingman

Hi Kingman!

Nice pair of Max's you got there. You'll make us all jealous! :biglaugh:

hi guys my name is mike im 21 new to the site been riding an 85 vmax that was my dads from new back in 85 got a tattoo of the bike on me diehard max fan!

i had a question was looking for adjustable levers for the 85 and i only seem to find some on ebay which is this site ------> http://www.ebay.com/itm/Yamaha-YZF1...Parts_Accessories&hash=item3cc3163df2&vxp=mtr
they come from china and want 4 weeks to ship really wanted to be riding in less than 2.

but for some reason i took mine off and they really dont look like they will fit. can anyone help me ???

this bike is old and i know people dont want to make aftermarket parts for these bikes and it might be hard to find.

thanks !!

Well, I personally have a tendency to shy away from the chinese market mostly because of the shipping time, and I have had a few non-vmax related items ordered from chinese companies the were definitely inferior quality compared to others. There are a multitude of mods, parts, and accessories for the vmax mostly because of it's long production history. Many parts will interchange between models from '85 to '07. Many of these parts come from specialty companies more than the ” big box” parts houses. As for the levers specifically, I'm not sure who all makes them, but someone wiser than me will surely chime in to point you in the right direction. Welcome to the best motorcycle community known to man, and happy modding! By the way, what is the production number on your '85? There is kind of a thing going on here to figure out who has the lowest number.

Back