Are you a new member? Come here and say hi!

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi All

Got my max dec 2010 ....1991 mod..have been a max fan for some years and my wife ups and buys me one,,what a gal.

i do need some advice though...she ran well for 1st 12 months lst week we were retuening home from a short 200km run and she slowly died on me (just like when u dont swtch to reserve) after standinf for a few minutes she started again and off we went only for some thing to happen 10kms down the road.

replaced plugs filter....put some carb cleaner through carbs....check leads plug caps and spark....she just seems very underpowered since then...also if I pull plugs one at a time I can here engine change exxept for no 1...? should I remove and sevice carbs or 1st get them synced (filter was veryyy dirty).

Regards Marius Cape Town SA

Nope, but I'll join you if you do it again, my Mom lives next door in Potsdam, she deserves a ride.

we picked up a couple guys by the lifesaver in governeur, so wasn't sure if you were one. I'm originally from whitesboro (utica) and when to school at st lawrence. played rugby for a few years with the fort drum guys too. keep your ears open we usually do it in fall. haven't done it since the first one but would love to again.

we picked up a couple guys by the lifesaver in governeur, so wasn't sure if you were one. I'm originally from whitesboro (utica) and when to school at st lawrence. played rugby for a few years with the fort drum guys too. keep your ears open we usually do it in fall. haven't done it since the first one but would love to again.

Ah, the lifesaver. I had forgotten about that. I was stationed at drum for a few years and a few of my buddies were in the fed. housing up in governeur. Never bothered to take any of the bikes up there. Riding season was too short IMO, and i spent very little time stateside while stationed there. Lots of good memories, though. Best fishing I have ever done too.

Whitesboro, good school! My HS hoop coach, Tom Findura, was the A.D. there for a bit. Small world, I went to West Canada Valley, not too far away.

Ah, the lifesaver. I had forgotten about that. I was stationed at drum for a few years and a few of my buddies were in the fed. housing up in governeur. Never bothered to take any of the bikes up there. Riding season was too short IMO, and i spent very little time stateside while stationed there. Lots of good memories, though. Best fishing I have ever done too.

what years were you up there? don' thappen to know the connels eh?

Whitesboro, good school! My HS hoop coach, Tom Findura, was the A.D. there for a bit. Small world, I went to West Canada Valley, not too far away.

yea played football there and rugby in college. my father is the plant engineer for new hartford schools and knew the ad's pretty well as he shared an office with the NH one. small world for sure.

Tom, I am try to figure out how this works for now. I ride a 2001 vmax and I am interested if anyone knows if there is a cafe conversion out there?

If anyone knows of a cafe conversion kit for a gen 1 vmax, please let me know. Thanks almax.

I'm looking for a cafe conversion kit for a gen 1 vmax. Anyone know of one? Please let me know, thanks almax.

Welcome Almax. Something tells me you are looking for parts to do a "cafe conversion". Not sure what all you are looking for but there is no kit or group of parts I've seen that are made specifically to do this to your vmax.

You may need to get creative with the tail section.

I do know that there is no shortage of ways to give a Vmax a sporty more contemporary look, but I've not seen anything is a pre-packaged-mass-consumer sort of thing. If that is what you want I'd suggest you look into Harley. From what I've seen they do tend to require a bit of conformity to express their full individuality.

Thanks Mike, I'm in Camden Arkansas and as far as I know, I'm the only vmaxer. I bought my max with 24k miles on it and I now have 30k on it. I love riding it!! I'm working with my supertrapp slip-ons and my carbs have stock jets. I have managed to get it to 125 mph but no faster so far. Thanks for the cafe info. Almax.

Hello new VMAX Owner here

:eusa_dance: Hello I am Paul, I just bought my first V-Max, I got a nice one I think. 98 model and it runs out like nothing I have been on before. I joined VMOA member # 5605 and I joined a few forums to find out more about my bike and find others that own them. I love the tips, keeps the duh moments down. I am doing for a Dragon theme on the bike, skulls, flames, and spiders have all been done and done again. Going to have some air brushing done soon. The bike came with Twin Brothers Racing slip ons and I know that carbs have been jetted to what stage I am not sure, most likely one or two. I know it is a blast to ride. I am in the Louisville, Ky. area.

Attachments

• P4160246.jpg
    P4160246.jpg
    73.7 KB · Views: 13
  • VMAX backs 005.jpg
    VMAX backs 005.jpg
    59.9 KB · Views: 11
  • v max right view.jpg
    v max right view.jpg
    76.4 KB · Views: 12
Last edited:
Paul, nice to see you here, I belive we just "met" via email, Im Rick.

Enjoy !

Latest posts

Back