Are you a new member? Come here and say hi!

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hello vmaxforum members!

I'm new to the forum and wanted to say "HI".

I'm contemplating doing a straight trade for my 2007 Bandit 1250 against a 2006 VMax. I've had the Bandit for a couple of years but recently bought an '09 Goldwing for 2-up touring. I'm looking for something that is "oppostite" the Wing.

The book value of the VMax is slightly higher than my Bandit but the power of my "modified" Bandit seems to be better than this VMax -- the Bandit makes 94 ft lbs and 134 HP at 6K RPM's with the mods. I'm also concerned that the Vmax weighs more than the Bandit and the VMax nas a very limited (small fuel tank) range.

So, although I know the replies here may be biased, I'm looking for you guys to tell me why I should or shouldn't trade the '07 Bandit 1250 for the '06 Vmax straight up. Feedback appreciated in advance!

Ken

to get those #'s out of a vmax, ur gonna spend quite a bit of $$.

i'd say the vmax is closer to a goldwing than a bandit is. i've ridden my buddy's fz1 (probably comparable as I am going to be able to get) and altho its got more HP, the KICK the vmax delivers is definitely greater.

can u test it out before u buy?

EDIT: and oh yea, WELCOME!

Welcome all the newbees ( I can say that now I not the "newest" member no more!! Hey folks these clowns, freaks and people are great(referring to the avatars). I have recieved a great welcoming response and I look forward to picking their brains when the mods start on my toy! 1989 stage 5 jet kit, supper trapps, K&NS from the original owner, rebuilt clutch & brake masters and miles from me so far. Still compiling the plan. considering drag bars (any with a small rise?) and dropping the forks about 1.25". any feed back on how this will change the handling. Thanks Dave

Hey nasty... get up towards my neck of the woods much?

Hello vmaxforum members!

I'm new to the forum and wanted to say "HI".

I'm contemplating doing a straight trade for my 2007 Bandit 1250 against a 2006 VMax. I've had the Bandit for a couple of years but recently bought an '09 Goldwing for 2-up touring. I'm looking for something that is "oppostite" the Wing.

The book value of the VMax is slightly higher than my Bandit but the power of my "modified" Bandit seems to be better than this VMax -- the Bandit makes 94 ft lbs and 134 HP at 6K RPM's with the mods. I'm also concerned that the Vmax weighs more than the Bandit and the VMax nas a very limited (small fuel tank) range.

So, although I know the replies here may be biased, I'm looking for you guys to tell me why I should or shouldn't trade the '07 Bandit 1250 for the '06 Vmax straight up. Feedback appreciated in advance!

Ken

Yes the VMax has a small tank but your Goldwing should make up for that. Well your Bandit comes stock with what most of us modify our Vmaxes for - good suspension, brakes and lighter weight! I've ridden Bandits and they are nice bikes, and I also own a Hayabusa... both bikes significantly better/faster than the Vmax, but I still enjoy riding the VMax more! :ummm: The VMax is less "refined" than most bikes, too much torque and HP for the package it comes in... I guess this is what makes it a fun bike to own. :confused2:

New member here, purchased a 98 Vmax with about 20k miles a few days ago for an unbelievable price. Been riding off and on for about 5 years. Was planning on picking up a newer 600 to ride now that I've graduated college. But I've always liked the Vmax and got to test drive one a few months ago. It was AWESOME and I love the V4s sound and the look of the bike itself.

I'm going to pick up the bike next week due to conflicting schedules between me and the seller. Its in near perfect shape and completely stock. I'm ecstatic.

Planned mods so far are Supertrapp slip-ons, headlight replacement with a true projector and HID lighting and a Morley seat. After that we'll see. I'm glad to see a forum like this dedicated to the vmax.

Hi _Bean and welcome to the forum! :welcome_sign: Post some pictures of your VMax when you pick it up.

Hello All,
Been dreaming about owning one of these torque monsters for 20 years and finally I do. A 94 Yellow "Super" max. I say super because the original owner put a super amount of time and $$$ into this bike, drove it 4900 miles and then parked it for 15 years. Now it's mine. BEEN GRINNING FOR DAYS :0)

Hi Everyone, My name is Shane and I'm addicted to the VMax.
Test drove one in Baltimore, but it had been dropped by the owner, who was being shady on the details. So I passed it up. But I will own one as soon as I sell one of my two current Suzuki SVs. Glad to be on here and can't wait to gather more information in order to get my own Vmax and ride. A lot of great deals out there...

First question between '98-'04 are there any major changes?

i believe by '03 all the changes were made. there was some transmission changes and the engine block was stronger i believe. not sure when.

hi new here looking at getting a 05--06 vmax will be my first bike
other then dirt bikes
and yes i will be careful

but I'm still in the looking stage and have not found one to jump on yet

hi new here looking at getting a 05--06 vmax will be my first bike
other then dirt bikes
and yes i will be careful

but I'm still in the looking stage and have not found one to jump on yet

:welcome_sign:

Hi Scratch i am a new member as well ' How are ya ? cool story ;ya i have a 02 max love it 'thinking of building a chopper max 'found one with front end damage and found a front end . we'll see . take care and remember' if your not wide open your cheating yourself and not getting all you paid for ! and with the recession and all'haha later

Hello!
I just bougth a used 02 Vmax last fall.

I also own a zx14 which I am almost done with the turbo instal, and a KTM XCF505
( the zx14 is getting major overhaul and major mods- total motr build and I have also shaved approx 90 lbs off it!)

I bought the Vmax as a family bike for doubling my daughter and wife on.
I have always admired the Vmax and have rode a few friends bikes, but never bought one till now.

I am very happy with this bike. It is an excellent bike for doubling on. Good torque and since it has conventional swingarm with dual shocks, the added weight of a passenger doesn't seem to affect the steering geometry much. Much better for doubling than my zx14 was.

I have since painted the factory c/f work black, installed drag bars, smaller signals, led tail light, ZX14 master cylinders and rizoma resevoirs, pazzo levers, bar end mirrors, stainless brake lines, ufo exhaust, and a few other bits. HR rearsets, and speed cell Lithium Ferrous battery.
I saved approx 14 lbs with the battery, and it starts the Vmax no problem, as it is rated for 360 CCA.

I bought some COO tripples, and coincidentaly the zx14 forks and wheel spacing all apperar to be very close fit, so zx14 forks will be going on Madmax too with the radial brakes, zx6 wheel (ligher than the zx14).

Now I just need a good 17" wheel conversion in standerd 190 size and some good rear shocks.

Oh, I also want brace the frame and install solid motor mounts.
When Gary's EFI appears I likely will do that too.

So, I should come in under budget of $12000 canadian, the price of a new 08 when they last sold them and half the price of the new Vmax.

I am only 5-8 and prefer the stature of gen1 over gen2.

Anyway, glad to become part of the group!
I have been doing alot of reading and appreciate the input thus far.

Thanks, and Hello

Lyle

Yes the VMax has a small tank but your Goldwing should make up for that. Well your Bandit comes stock with what most of us modify our Vmaxes for - good suspension, brakes and lighter weight! I've ridden Bandits and they are nice bikes, and I also own a Hayabusa... both bikes significantly better/faster than the Vmax, but I still enjoy riding the VMax more! :ummm: The VMax is less "refined" than most bikes, too much torque and HP for the package it comes in... I guess this is what makes it a fun bike to own. :confused2:

I have riden them both, and I will say the Vmax clearly has much more personality than any Bandit. The charisma, riding position, and Vboost ...

I also own a zx14 and although I love that bike and its a monster, the vmax has a special place in my HEART!
Strange but true, hard to explain except maybe thats how Harley guys feel about their bikes.

Hey there. New Vmax owner here. Two weeks ago I bought an '03. Like the bike a lot. 2nd Yamaha, never one of these though!

Anyway, now to peruse the forum for tips on my battery/starting issue...

Later.

Brian

Hey there. New Vmax owner here. Two weeks ago I bought an '03. Like the bike a lot. 2nd Yamaha, never one of these though!

Anyway, now to peruse the forum for tips on my battery/starting issue...

Later.

Brian
Tell us just what the problem is and, we will help you through it.
I just did a voltage reg. switch out on my friends 85` with hot starting issues.
<<dave>>:eusa_dance:

I am considering the leap into the realm of the VMAX today. Presently am jockeying a Can Am Spyder,but have the urge for two wheels again.

Reside in Everett,WA, near Seattle. Just moved here permanently from Upper Michigan.

I m going to look at a '98 with 9K mi in it. Needs a front tire and a tuneup. Asking $3500.

Fair price? I m thinking its lower than the ones I ve seen around CL.

Any issues specifically with the 98 year?

I m not interested in modding too much, just something to ride with my wife while she is on the Spyder. But, I m sure, that(lack of modding) will change with time!!

Thanks for all comments.

Brad

nothing that you woudln't look for in any bike. test ride is a must though, run it through the gears hard, esp 2nd gear make sure it doesn't pop out. aside from that just look fo rnormal stuff. price seems good. make sure it neve rsat too long tho or the carbs are gonna have to be dealt with.

Welcome to the new members! :thumbs up: Plenty going on here, look around to see what's here, trust me there's a LOT! Handy search button to find something more specific if needed. Any questions, just locate a appropiate section and ask away, we'll get ya a answer, probablly many answers, to whatever ya need.
And just so you know, 1992 was the best year/ fastest and they are even better when painted RED!
*Draboo: I used to live in Oak Harbor over on Whidbey Island. I didn't have a bike to ride then but what a great place it looked like to ride. :punk:

Latest posts

Back